Pages

Followers

Friday 15 July 2016

Yawning!!!

Season 1 of 24......finished.
DD and I sat up until 2am. We were saving two episodes to watch tonight but the last one we watched shocked us so much (I actually screamed....lol) that we just had to see those last two episodes.
Poor old DD was back up at 6am for work but at least it's the weekend and she can have a lie in tomorrow.

Whenever we go to Frankie and Benny's I pretty much always have the same thing.....Chicken Parmigiana. It's gorgeous. So last night I made it myself at home.......and it was gorgeous too and so easy to make.
One chicken breast per person cut in half crosswise to make two thinner fillets. Dip each one in seasoned flour, then egg, then breadcrumbs.
Fry in a little oil until they begin to brown and then transfer to a baking tray and cook in the oven at 180 degrees until brown and crispy. Layer two pieces of chicken and top with a slice of ham and a slice of Monterey Jack cheese and return to the oven until cheese has melted.
Serve with spaghetti in tomato sauce reserving a spoonful or so of the sauce to top the chicken.
Adjustments I will make next time.....I'll just use two chicken breasts and DD and I will just have one layer each and hubby can have the two layers as it's very filling and I would cut out the spaghetti and serve it with steamed vegetables for a change.

Ticked a good few jobs off my list again yesterday. The yard is swept, windows cleaned and curtain washing finished. I just need to iron them and rehang them today and then I am starting on the lounge clean/declutter. I don't know where all the declutter stuff will go as this house is woefully short on storage areas.

Last night I nipped into B&Q to pick up some varnish and paint charts. I have decided on an oak varnish for the fireplace surround and I couldn't believe my luck when I came across two small tins of satin oak varnish in the clearance section for £2 each. I was even more delighted when they rang up at the till for £1 each. So that will be the total cost for my surround revamp as the tin of Nitromors for stripping it was free to us from DD's work. All I need now is a fine day or two to get it outside and get it done.

Time for a coffee methinks and then I'll crack on with the lounge. 
Have a great day.
Sheila-x- 

3 comments:

  1. I did like the sound of the chicken dish until you got to the cheese, suppose I could have mine without :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The chicken dish does sound yummy, one for the list for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Reading backwards so now I'm dying to see what you have started watching! I finally caved n got Amazon Prime so can finally start watching all sorts I've been wanting to!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-