Pages

Followers

Thursday 14 July 2016

Proud Ganma!!!

DDIL bought Ruby's school report for me to read yesterday and I am so, so proud of my little angel. All of her grades were 'exceeding' but one which was 'performimg as expected'. and the teachers made some lovely comments about her being such a kind and caring little girl.
As you can imagine Ganma had to resort to a tissue or two.
The only thing that I was disappointed with was the fact that the reports are now done on the computer so there is no handwriting by the teachers. I have a love of handwriting and used to love looking at all the different hands when my two used to bring their repots home.

The last pair of curtains is in the wash as we speak. What a long job it's been.
The next big job is the lounge which will be getting a thorough bottoming/de-cluttering and I could do with some more fine weather so that I can take my bargain coffee table outside to paint it. I also have a fire surround I need to strip, stain and varnish. If the rain could 'do one' for a while it would be much appreciated.

DD and I are well into watching 24 now. I don't think I have ever watched anything that has kept me right on the edge of my seat like this does. At times I am finding it so intense that I actually feel sick.....lol.

Well once the curtains are out drying on the line I think I will tackle the outside window cleaning and sweep the back yard. The windows aren't really filthy but the pesky birds have left quite a few calling cards which need getting rid of. It will be nice to be out in the fresh air though.

Hope you are all having a lovely sunny day.
Thanks for your visit today.
Sheila-x-

2 comments:

  1. Well done to Ruby on her excellent report. I prefer the old style ones as well, they seem more personal. I don't think they have to be pages long to get an idea of how children are doing, but with the programmes they use these days it can be like reading war and peace. I've not heard of 24. We like a good boxset at Number 38 so will have to give it a go. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done to Ruby, what a joy to read such lovely comments about your Grandaughter I can imagine your pride. Hope the rain keeps off.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-