Pages

Followers

Sunday 24 January 2016

Sew Sunday!!!

What a different day weatherwise to wake up to this morning. Dull and overcast. I expect we shall have buckets of rain before the day is out. It won't bother me much as I have no plans to go anywhere.

There is a lovely piece of beef roasting in the oven and DD has just prepped the vegetables for me so hubby will be a happy bunny come lunch time. I can take or leave a roast dinner. I enjoy it when we have one but I find I am no longer bothered about having one every Sunday. I only do it because hubby loves it so much.

A heads up for you if you have a Poundstretcher near you. They have a range of knitting and sewing stuff in at the moment. All priced at 49p. There are bamboo knitting needles in sizes 3mm and 4mm, crochet hooks size 3mm (couldn't see any other sizes), needles, pins,stitch rippers etc. A great price if you need to stock up on anything.

I had a wander out to the garden centre yesterday as I needed to get some fresh air and stretch my legs. Ended up in the craft shop as you do and bought a few bits. Nothing exciting just red foam as I need to make a pair of red shoes for the doll, some fabric glue and some more snaps for the dresses. Most of the patterns call for velcro but me and velcro just don't get on at all so I use the snaps instead.
There was still some Christmas tat left reduced to half price but still too expensive to consider buying anything to put away for next Christmas I thought.
I love looking around the food hall while I am there and have my eye on a bottle of Raspberry Balsamic Vinegar which I am thinking would be good with a spinach and feta salad with fresh raspberries.....oh yum.....I really do fancy that.

Well I am off to finish off this dress for the doll. Just have to sew the skirt to the bodice and finish it off with snaps and a ribbon sash and that's another outfit for the box. The doll box is always the first port of call for Ruby now when she comes for tea on Wednesday.....just to see if there are any new additions to the wardrobe.....lol.

Have a peaceful day and thanks for visiting.
Sheila-x-

3 comments:

  1. What beautiful memories you are creating for Ruby, the excitement of new additions to the dolls wardrobe must be amazing to see. I am a great fan of a Sunday lunch and I have a lovely piece of lamb roasting in the oven.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My daughter always says that we created a magical childhood for her and her brother and I hope that I am successful in doing that for Ruby.
    Ooooh I am quite partial to roast lamb. I think it smells wonderful when it's cooking-x-

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can never resist the craft shop at my local garden centre!
    Liz

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-