Pages

Followers

Thursday 28 January 2016

Oh What A Night!!!

Ruby still seems to be a bit under the weather. She wasn't her usual sparkly little self last night, didn't eat much and wasn't interested in doing much either. Poor little sausage.

We didn't light the fire yesterday as it was quite mild...ha....a very different story when DD and I sat down to watch Downton. We were freezing so we snuggled under the quilts and weren't too bad. I had to take a hot water bottle to bed which was sheer bliss and I slept like a log...........only to wake up this morning to find a pile of dog sick in the bedroom, two piles on the landing and one by the back door. Whatever Smudge had eaten when he went out ferreting in the garden obviously didn't agree with him. Luckily DD with her steel lined stomach was there and she cleaned it up for me. One pile I could have coped with but four was just beyond the pale. I'm afraid I am useless with sick, blood and poop. Hubby cut his finger badly last week and I was screaming at the blood while I put his dressing on. Good job I never wanted to be a nurse.

Cupboard use ups yesterday......one packet of instant whip for pudding for Ruby and one small jar of cranberry and apple sauce which I added between layers of meat in the pie. It was absolutely gorgeous.
Today I will be using another pack of pork from the freezer to make meatballs in tomato sauce to serve with roasted garlic potatoes and sauteed green beans. I don't fancy pasta today which is what we would normally have.

Not many jobs to do today so I am going to read the papers before I decide what crafty things I will get up to.....but first I need to go and find my cardigan.....it's freezing.
Thanks for your visit.
Sheila-x-

3 comments:

  1. I like Pork meatballs in a spicy sauce on a mountain of green veg, any sort, shredded and cooked in a sauté pan with a little water and quite a bit more butter a grate of black pepper and a little scrape of nutmeg.
    I have a cast iron stomach, I have not found much that turns me green. The only thing that springs to mind is extracting a long dead something from one of my Spaniels, he had slurped it up with out chewing (thankfully) and it got stuck, I had to pull it very carefully so as not to rip it into bits. My it was ripe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds lovely Pam. I love green veg of any kind except kale and much prefer pork meatballs to beef.
    Gawd that sounds gruesome. I would definitely not have been able to do that-x-

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excuse me while I go retch in the corner! Specially after Pam's comment! We keep dithering about a puppy- you two are putting me off!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-