Pages

Followers

Thursday 7 January 2016

Floodin' Eck!!!

Well that was a bit scary to say the least.
We've just got back from shopping and have had to drive through a very deep lake across our main road into town. It wasn't so bad when we went and it had stopped raining but I think the water was still flowing down off the hill and it was considerably worse when we returned. As it's our only way to get home we had to just cross our fingers that the car didn't conk out half way across.....and here we are safely home. Obviously it is nowhere near the scale of what some people have had to put up with.
I managed to get everything on my list......even from T**co which was a bit of a shock as ours is rubbish......so I won't have to go out again this next week or so.
DD and I are now doing our own thing for a couple of hours until it's time for tea and another couple of episodes of Downton season six.
Hope you are all dry and safe.
Thanks for dropping by.
Sheila-x-

3 comments:

  1. Its rain, rain and more rain here but no flooding. I do feel a little guilty moaning about it when thousands of homes and business's have been lost. Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no! Hope you manage to stay dry xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been driving through lakes for a while now, the water is pouring off the fields and pooling in all the low spots. I feel so sorry for all those who have been flooded, it happened to me once and it is truly devastating.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-