Pages

Followers

Wednesday 13 January 2016

Ouch!!!

If anyone needs proof that housework is not at all good for you...I have it here in the shape of a very sore shoulder and neck. So today I will take it a bit easier doing a little baking.....letting the machines take the strain as the shoulder is the one at the top of my beating arm.

I am not much of a complainer but yesterday I had to phone an order in to our coal merchant and I decided to let them know that I wasn't happy with our last delivery which contained a very high proportion of slack. They were very apologetic and it resulted in a £10 reduction on our bill for the delivery today. Result!!!
Not that £10 covers the constant cleaning because of the dust and the very near loss of eyebrows when the fire whooshes out when you add a shovel full of slack but hey ho.

My little Ruby will be here tonight for tea. It seems ages since last Wednesday and I can't wait to see her. It will be a shorter visit tonight though as pick up from school is later than usual and we have to have her home just after 6pm so that she has time for her reading and bath before bed time. She'll be happy tonight though as she asked for a denim skirt for dolly and that is one of the skirts I have made for her. I just need to get the snaps sewn on before she comes so that she can play with it.

I haven't even thought about our evening meal yet but I have some sausages left over from last night which could be whipped up into something different so I will probably go with that. As long as it's hot and tasty my lot will be happy.

Thanks so much for your visit today.
Sheila-x-

2 comments:

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-