Pages

Followers

Monday 8 January 2018

What A Weekend!!!

I have had such a lovely weekend taking care of my girls while Mummy did her work from home. Lots of playing and dancing, cuddling and laughing and then a rather messy crafty session with Ruby on Saturday. I have a feeling Mummy night just kill me for buying Ruby the big pack of jars of loose glitter....lol.

I joined a Facebook group a few weeks ago called Sewing Room Ideas. Some of the rooms on there are jaw droppingly huge and gorgeous but there are lots of storage ideas which can be used in more modest rooms. I have been looking at ways to store my fabric more efficiently. Even though I don't have the hugest collection I still have a fair bit. In the USA it's a big thing now to wrap your fabric onto comic boards which are stiff boards used in a film bag to store comics to keep them in pristine condition. Well I wasn't going to be buying those but I did have a huge box full of A4 cardstock so I picked out all of the white and here is what I have done........

All fat quarters in one box. Individually wrapped around a C6 sized piece of card.

100% cotton fabrics all wrapped around an A4 card folded in half down the length.

More 100% cotton fabrics.

Having the boards inside the fabric makes it really easy to pull pieces out and then pop them back in.
Being next to the kitchen I have to store my fabrics in boxes but you should see some of the the wonderous collections stored on shelving........most of them look like shops....lol.
I currently have $%*^ boxes of fabric not counting the two boxes that hold felt, net and lace but I feel I will use it more now that it is so organised.

The workers are back at work today and boy am I ready to have my house back to myself for a while each day.
This morning I have been doing laundry and tidying things away and then as soon as Andy goes out the door I will be throwing the hoover around and doing whatever I can get done before 1pm and then I shall be grabbing some time to sew more of Andy's quilt until it's time for DD to get in.
We are also back to our quick and simple meals when we are on our own so tonight it will be beans on toast and a nice cup of tea.....absolute bliss......while we watch Gone With The Wind which DD has a hankering to watch having just finished the book.
That should be finished by about 9pm so I may get the layering and pinning of the quilt done before bedtime.

I feel like a whirling dervish today....how is your day going?
Sheila-x-

12 comments:

  1. That looks like a really good idea...one I may have to copy if you don't mind...hubby's office is full of my crap...I mean glorious treasures at the moment! I too am back to work today... hope I feel more alive afterwards. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems quite a daunting job at first but once you get organised it goes pretty quickly.
      Hope your day went well.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  2. Your fabric collection looks wonderful. I love how you've got it stored. Not sure I'd like it all out like a shop or something. I think, over here especially, people tend to buy a lot of stuff and not necessarily use it all. My MIL has so much fabric - she'd have to live to a couple of hundred years to use it all! I admit to falling into that trap regarding some things. I am determined to use what I have before buying more, no matter how pretty it looks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some of the amounts on there are pretty obscene to be honest Sharon. I need to use some before I can buy any more now.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  3. OOh now that's what I call eye candy. I Could look at your photos for ages. I'm off to Dunelm tonight. I want some wadding and some lace for some little baby quilts. Hoping to get the machine out on Friday and have a play. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I went to Dunelm on Friday and bought some fabric which is what started me off on wrapping it onto cards....it made just enough room to squeeze my new stuff in.
      Hope you got what you needed.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  4. Beautiful, like something out of a magazine. Simple idea yet so effective. I may have to do something similar once I have a craft room. Thrilled to hear you had such a good time with the girls.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it and I think this is one system that will really work as long as I keep it contained in the boxes I already have....there's no room for more.
      I am absolutely dying to see the progress when you start your craft room.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  5. Very envious of your room. Would love my own craft room, but need to clear the hoarded mess!
    Just a quick question. Does anyone know what's happened to the Frugan Queen?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you manage to get your craft room someday soon.

      I'm afraid I'm as much in the dark as you about where Frugal Queen went.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  6. Your fabrics look lovely and neat, what a great idea, Sheila x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In theory I should now know where to find everything....in theory....lol.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-