Pages

Followers

Friday 12 January 2018

Lesson Learned!!!

I have learned my lesson regarding not pinning enough when quilting. Oh my goodness....it took me nearly all day to poke out two lines of stitching and I had to resort to a magnifier and a very bright lamp.
Never again.
There are now more pins in it than you can shake a stick at so I should be able to get on with it today.
I was looking forward to a nice quiet afternoon but next door has someone drilling and banging about right outside the sewing room window so not much chance of that.

After a fairly easy week on the cooking front today will be busier with tea to cook for DD and I when she comes in, then cooking again for Andy when he comes in just after 7pm and a beef stew to cook for tomorrow.
No time to get bored in this house.

Right....I'll go and have a coffee with the hubby before he goes to work and then I had best get chopping some veg.

Hope you are all having a good day.
Sheila-x-


6 comments:

  1. It's been a while since I did some quilting but I do remember basically putting in pins in everywhere! At least you shouldn't be unpicking again. Snow here (on top of freezing rain) so a day inside here. Got clothes to wash, house to clean (so it can survive the weekend) and crafts to do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I was just being lazy Sharon.

      More snow for you and snow predicted here although I doubt we will get much here in the middle of Staffordshire....we rarely do.
      I won't say enjoy your laundry and housework but definitely enjoy the crafts.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  2. I pin for the united nations when I layer a quilt, at the most they are a hand span apart. Then I quilt any long lines first to anchor the layers together before beginning the fancy stuff. On my very first large quilt I almost had them touching and spent more time removing pins than sewing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I usually pin lots too Pam but for some reason I thought I might get away with it so leasson learned the hard way.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  3. I learnt my lesson the hard way too. I have just started a quilt for Hector but it is really in the planning stages.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I'm not alone MM.
      I absolutely love the planning stage of making a quilt and then doing the binding....it's the middle bits that sometimes go a bit haywire for me...lol. But I persevere.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-