Pages

Followers

Sunday 21 January 2018

Proper Snow!!!

We started with rain and snow again and now it is just pure snow coming down fast and heavy. It's settling and everywhere looks really pretty and clean. I love it.

So the ideal day for quilting Marlowe's quilt top and making a start on the binding....although I do keep getting distracted by the view outside.
I also need to make a cover for my new hot water bottle today if possible.

DD is cooking lunch....roast pork today with all the trimmings and it is smelling really good.
She really has these Sunday lunches down pat now but I still have to get her interested in cooking everyday recipes.

We'll have to miss the end of Dancing on Ice tonight as it won't finish until 8:10pm and I am not missing the beginning of Call The Midwife which starts at 8pm. So annoying.

I just need to have a quick hoover through to get rid of all the cotton threads that seem to have spread themselves across three rooms and then I shall start sewing again and make some more mess....lol.

Stay safe if you have to go out in the snow.
Sheila-x-


8 comments:

  1. I'm glad someone else is as excited by the snow as I am. I love how it makes everything look so clean and bright.
    Enjoy your day of hunkering down at home, it sounds blissful. I have to take Lily to yet another party and then she has three more coming up in the next four weeks! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely welcome here Jules. Just a little break from looking at mud and more mud.
      These young ones certainly have a better social life than we have don't they. I know my daughter in law is always off to parties or play dates with Ruby and Marlowe. Sometimes they clash with our sleepovers and we have to take her somewhere too. Mind you I suppose we would worry if they didn't get invited to these things wouldn't we?
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  2. We just have rain and mud, lots of mud. I have had a sewing morning and a quick dash round with the vacuum cleaner to gather all the threads and snippets. The machines had a clean and I wound a stack of bobbins, just need to change the needles and I will be ready for another session tomorrow. I would like to see some snow but it is too warm at the moment, I had to turn the heating down as we were melting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Back to the mud by teatime yesterday Pam :(
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  3. Same as Pam here, rain, rain, mud and more rain and mud. I don't even like snow but would welcome it right now! Actually, it's nice to look at from the comfort of a warm house.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We got a really good covering....and then it rained :(
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  4. I am looking forward to the return of Call the Midwife, a great programme. Hope you manage to get some work done on the quilt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really enjoyed last nights episode.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-