Pages

Followers

Monday 15 January 2018

Mizzly Monday!!!

Ooooh it's wet and windy out there today. I have to say though....it doesn't seem that cold. I don't know if that's because it's not or because I woke up in my own tropical heatwave this morning.....lol.
No fun for DD out there in the thick of it so something nice and warming for tea. I'll maybe do the roasted veg and tomato bake with the crispy topping.....that always goes down well.

Housework to do today before I can finish off the binding on the quilt.....I forgot that Dancing on Ice was on last night or it would have been finished.
This is Andy's first night shift since before Christmas and I can already see that my housework plan is not going to work too well.....at least on a Monday morning when he takes over the kitchen for preparing his packing up and getting his bag ready to go.....at 9pm. Now he is doing himself a tin of soup for his lunch and then he'll take over the sofa and read his newspapers until he feels like going up for a sleep. Once he's gone up I can get some things done but not the hoovering until he gets up....by which time I will be sorting out tea.
I think I am going to have to rethink my Monday routine for every other week.

Out in the garden things are coming back to life. The Hellebores are flowering but I can't see any of my little daffodils yet. They may be there but I don't want to walk on the lawn just now to look as it is so wet and boggy. I am hoping that Andy has it in this year's plans to replace the lawn as it has really had it.
Other garden plans include just maintaining the back garden this year with some gap filling if needed and we will concentrate on the front garden....digging borders and filling them with shrubs and perennials.

I need to start making plans for a certain little girls birthday. Ruby will be eight in less than a month and I am thinking about asking to have for the weekend before her birthday and taking her on a little shopping spree to choose more crafting stuff or whatever she wants. I think she will enjoy that.
After that we have Marlowe turning two in March which I can't quite believe.

Well that's His Nibs gone up for his nap so I'll go and get done what I can before he gets up.

Have a fabulous day.
Sheila-x-

14 comments:

  1. Where does the time go, it doesn't seem five minutes since Marlowe was born.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know....and the older I get the faster it goes :(
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  2. The joys of shift work, I remember it well and with no fondness. My garden is a bog and I will not be setting foot on it for a while yet. The Hellebores are starting to flower though and so are my anenome de caen. I spotted a few snowdrops from the bedroom window this morning, once the rain had cleared and the primroses are showing little spots of colour. Spring is on it,s way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Even though I am a night owl Pam I couldn't work a night shift. I used to do late nights though when I was in catering.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  3. Isn't it just lovely that the first signs of spring are starting to show. I hope you got your work done. Jane xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I do love it when the new flowers start to come through.
      Managed to get a bit done but not as much as I normally would :(
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  4. Send Andy here every other Monday Sheila, hd'd be my perfect excuse for not being able to do much lol.

    Wet and windy here today as well but it's also cold. No signs of life in our garden yet but I'm noticing the nights aren't getting dark quite so early - only by a few minutes but it's nice to note. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't tempt me....lol.

      I think it was nearly 5pm by the time it got dark here one night. Still seems a long way to putting the clocks forward though doesn't it?
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  5. My garden is very boggy too and the daffs are only just poking through. It's cold, squally and rainy here so I'm off to get my pjs on and eat tea and wallow! Perfect Mondaying x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Perfect Mondaying....I like the sound of that.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  6. Wow I can't believe things are growing already! Mum said she had some things popping up. I finally saw my grass for one day before snow covered it again lol. Won't be anything growing here for a couple of months yet. I shall just have to watch out for photos of other spring gardens

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll be sure to take some pics for you then Sharon....well once we have tidied up a bit.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  7. I hope you achieved all that your heart desired! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some of it Jackie....and the quilt got finished so I was happy.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-