Pages

Followers

Sunday 14 January 2018

A Quiet Day!!!

DD is cooking Sunday lunch, Andy is reading his papers and I have just caught up with some blogs. All is calm and quiet.
This afternoon will be more of the same as I'll be making and applying the binding to the quilt. It should have been started yesterday but I had to unpick a little on the quilt top and redo it. I'll be glad when it's finished.

Has anyone else started reading their copy of Nigel Slater's Christmas Chronicles? What a gorgeous book.
The best thing is that he gets my love of Winter. No moaning about the cold or the snow. He just embraces the whole season. I love that.

I'm getting on OK with the injections now and I don't know if it's coincidence but I am feeling so much better since I came off the medication I was taking.

It's very still, grey and cold here today but outside someone has a bonfire which smells wonderful on the cold air. I could stand and sniff in that smell all day. I'm the same at night when all the coal fires are lit.......and I wonder why people think I'm weird....lol.

Lunch shouldn't be too long now and I shall do it justice today as I haven't had any breakfast.

Hope you are all having a lovely peaceful Sunday.
Sheila-x-

11 comments:

  1. I'm so pleased you're finding the injections easier and that you're feeling better for it.
    Enjoy your quiet day. We're off out for a walk shortly, which will be much appreciated after spending the morning at a soft play centre. 😨

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jules.
      I hope you enjoyed your walk.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  2. Enjoy your quiet day. I’m glad you are feeling a bit better now. I’m going to start my NS book tonight. It’ll be my first read of the year! Really looking forward to it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a lovely day Rachel....hope yours was too.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  3. Sounds like a lovely Sunday afternoon, enjoy your lunch and great news about the injections xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope your Sunday was lovely too Cheryl.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  4. Just as Sundays should be, yes I am reading Nigel's Christmas Chronicles, in fact I have read a little of it today, I just love Nigel's writing, his books are so much more than a cook book. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm just over halfway through now Marlene and it's one of those books which I will be quite sad to finish.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  5. Thrilled you are getting on alright with the injections and that you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy to hear that the injections are working well. I hope that you enjoyed your day. I don't have that book, I do like Nigel's style but have put an embargo on cookery books. The shelf is overcrowded now and there isn't one on there that I am prepared to part with.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-