Pages

Followers

Monday 22 January 2018

Gone!!!

After a lovely day of snow watching whilst I sewed I was quite disappointed when just before teatime it started raining and by bedtime all signs of the snow were gone.
Our weather is just ridiculous....this morning we have blue skies and sunshine.

Thanks to DD cooking lunch yesterday I managed to get the quilt top quilted, the binding made and attached and now I just have the hand sewing to finish off. Once that's done I'll launder it and tie it up with a pretty bow to be delivered to the gorgeous Miss Moo on Wednesday.

Andy is on afternoon shifts this week so DD and I can have our simple evening meals. Today we have some leftover pork and stuffing which I am going to warm through and serve in cobs with apple sauce.

I have to admit that I am not liking the new series of Dancing on Ice much. I don't know what is missing but something definitely is.

Well I'll go and have a bit of a poddle round and do a few jobs before Andy goes to work and then hopefully I can sit and get that binding finished this afternoon.

Have a lovely day.
Sheila-x-

12 comments:

  1. The weather is so changeable here too Sheila, although it's consistently cold.
    Keep warm and enjoy your day. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not sure what we are going to be getting next but the sky has gone a very strange colour.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  2. We still have a fair amount of snow but I feel too poorly to do any crafting. I did enjoy watching giant snow feathers falling yesterday. It looked so pretty. That pork and stuffing sandwich sounds delicious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww are you still suffering? Hope it doesn't last too much longer.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  3. Bright and sunny here today but the wind is nippy. Oh I had forgotten how good hot pork and apple sauce in a roll is... now I want one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was delicious Pam. Hard act to follow though as I can't decide what to make tonight.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  4. Rained overnight so the snow has now gone and the temperatures are rising, so quite mild for the time of year. Hot pork roll, sounds delicious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Such a killjoy that rain.
      Glad it's warmer for you though.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  5. I hope we see the quilt when finished! I'm sure it will be absolutely beautiful. A lot of the snow here is gone (not so much the ice which is still really thick) but it's supposed to snow tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I'll take a pic Sharon.....just waiting for it to finish drying.
      More snow? Goodness me you'll be sick of it by now.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  6. The rain has been skimming past us one deluge last week and its only been light sprinklings of snow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know if you want our rain Dawn....lol.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-