Pages

Followers

Tuesday 30 January 2018

Dithering!!!

I have decided that I am a ditherer.
There is no shortage of fabric here so why could I not settle on what I wanted to use for Marlowe's dress. I don't know but anyway I couldn't so no dressmaking got done yesterday.
I spent the whole day just faffing about and didn't really achieve much until about 11pm when I decided I was going to have a go at one of the ten minute blocks from my new book. I shouldn't have used fabric with a definite directional print....which I will know for next time.....and I have found that I am not very good at sewing along curves.
There is some unpicking going on today......lol.

Having a bit of a using up session for meals this week. Yesterday was meatballs in gravy pulled out of the freezer and today will be leftover beef from Sunday with some salad and pickles. Any salad leftover from today will be used tomorrow to fill some wraps along with some chicken strips and sweet chilli sauce. I'll serve those with corn on the cob and Ruby will be a very happy little girl indeed.

Not much to do in the house until Andy gets up. I need to run the shampooer over the kitchen and lounge carpets yet again but it's way too noisy to use while he is in bed trying to sleep. There is already enough noise from the neighbour down the road who is tinkering with his car and playing the most godawful thumping music while he is doing it.

I guess I'll carry on unpicking then.

Have a lovely day.
Sheila-x-

8 comments:

  1. Curves and Y seams, horrible patchwork sewing until you persevere and master them, perhaps I will do that one day. We are trying to eat down the freezers but I need to wear blinkers when I shop or avoid the RTC aisle altogether.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No matter how many You Tube videos I watch Pam I don't think I will ever attempt Y seams.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  2. Sewing me and 11pm would definitely spell disaster! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a bit of a night owl Jackie :)
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  3. Such great words, dithering and faffing. Hope you achieve loads today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't achieve loads but I did master the curved edge :)
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  4. I’m still mastering my straight line sewing, so admire your skills so much. Beef and pickles, sounds very tasty xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'll get there Cheryl.....keep practising :)
      Hugs-x-

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-