Pages

Followers

Friday 19 January 2018

Cold And Tired!!!

I have tossed and turned all night and heard every clunk the clock made as it reached a new hour. First I was freezing cold and then boiling hot and then Smudge started snoring and the noise nearly drove me demented. I finally drifted off at about 8am and woke up at 10:20am feeling like a bag of bits that needed gluing back together.
Not much has been achieved so far today.

The new Lakeland catalogue was drooled over and then put back on the shelf. I do so love all their kitchen gadgets but as much as I love my coffee I don't think I would ever fork out £600 for a coffee maker. It's rather gorgeous but for that money I would want it to do all the housework and the cooking too....lol.

The quilting books have arrived this morning.....


I was really quite taken with these blocks after seeing a video on You Tube so I will be having a go at those.
In the background....a sneak peek of Marlowe's quilt. The fabric is Flower Fairies by Fabric Freedom which I bought at The NEC last year. The green spot is Rose and Hubble.
It's going very well although I am having to unpick that right hand panel as three of the strips aren't matching up too well with the left hand panel. They are only the tiniest bit out but it's bugging me.

Andy has requested a Friday feast for our evening meal so I have taken out some leftover beef which I froze in gravy. We'll have that with some mashed potatoes, veg and Yorkshire pudding. It should be nice and tasty.

Nothing much planned for the weekend although DD and I might go for a ride to the garden centre tomorrow just for a look round after we have done the grocery shopping which shouldn't take long as I only need some basics to top up.
Sunday will be a nice quiet at home day with a roast lunch and both Dancing on Ice and Call The Midwife to watch in the evening....fabulous.

What are you all up to this weekend?
Have a good one...whatever you're doing.
Sheila-x-

8 comments:

  1. A bag of bits...the perfect way of describing that oh so familiar feeling after a bad night. Ben only snores at night when I am restless, his timing is spot on. The fabric in the quilt is delicious, I always use my frixion pens to draw lines when I am joining panels and blocks together that have to line up. I will be mainly sewing and knitting over the weekend as the weather forecast is not exactly grand.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Smudge's snoring at the moment is horrendous as he is having a little chest trouble.
      I really like this fabric although it frays badly. There should be enough to make either another quilt for her doll's pram or a cushion.
      Thank you so much for the tip about drawing lines with my frixion pens...I didn't think of that.
      Have a lovely weekend with your sewing and knitting.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  2. Nothing planned, depends on the weather if we have a stroll out or not. Looking forward to the return of the The Midwife. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Look forward to your photos if you manage to get out today.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  3. Really pretty fabric! Sorry you didn't have a good night. Hopefully tonight will be better. I hate nights like those!

    We splurged tonight and went to visit son in his town and went out to eat. He lives pretty close to a lighthouse so we visited and watched the sunset. Tomorrow will be a walk and Skype with Mum - sort of like visiting for a cup of tea and a chat lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never had the need to use Skype but I think it must be pretty awesome to be able to see the person you are talking to.
      Enjoy your chat.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  4. My weekend will mostly spent pretending to do the accounts! Like now!! Love the fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you are feeling better Sheila. I think I might have the ten minute blocks book in my collection. Have you seen the 'quilt with a view' book. It is really inspirational.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-