Pages

Followers

Tuesday 9 January 2018

Day 1-Time Managed Quite Well!!!

I surprised myself yesterday by only over running on the household chores by fifteen minutes and being able to sit down and sew by 1:15pm.
Four strips of blocks were joined together before I had to get up and make tea so I was very pleased and the fifth strip got added after DD had gone upstairs so I now have a finished quilt top.
I won't be able to start the layering and quilting until tonight as we have Miss Doodle coming for her tea and she has requested chicken pie. The chicken is poached so I just have to make the leek sauce, let it cool, then bung it into some puff pastry I have taken out of the freezer and prepare some veg.

My mind is already on my next sewing project...although it's not a project as such but the alteration of some curtains for DD's room. They need shortening which isn't my most favourite job but a necessary one. I'd much rather make a pair from scratch than alter.
After that it will be on to some dressmaking for the girls. I am really looking forward to getting to grips with my overlocker which hasn't yet been used apart from a trial after I threaded it up. Once I can use it properly I have five metres of black jersey which I want to use to make myself a long coat....after practicing on some offcuts of course.
I really want to hone my sewing skills this year and tackle some things I've not done before.

Right....into the kitchen I go.
Hope you are all having a good day.
Sheila-x-

12 comments:

  1. Wow, a coat!! That's ambitious! (well, it might not be for you....it's as much as I can do to sew up a hole in my jeans!). Enjoy your evening with Ruby.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Believe me Sooze....It's a very simple coat...lol.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  2. I too was impressed when you said coat, simple or not. Have a great time with Ruby.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It looks simple enough.....we shall have to see.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  3. A coat! Blimey. Wouldn't have a clue!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It looks more like a very long cardigan and I don't think it has buttons so no buttonholes thank goodness. I'll give it a go anyway.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  4. I surprise myself if I spend longer than fifteen minutes on my household chores!;-) Your sewing projects sound very impressive. I can just about stitch on a button. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooh....I'll send you me button sewing then Jules....lol....I hate sewing on buttons.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. I can't wait to start on it Jackie just to see if I can manage it.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  6. You are always doing something Sheila, I feel exhausted just reading all you do. And how can you not like summer, I can't wait for warm days to sit in the garden and with my arm improving I hope I will be sewing or something.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do like to be doing something Chris and sewing seems to my thing at the moment.
      Summer is absolute torture for me since I started the menopause. I spend the whole of the season feeling like a limp rag with violent headaches and migraines so not my most favourite time of the year.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-