Pages

Followers

Thursday 18 January 2018

Make Your Mind Up!!!

There was a phone call from the company that were delivering our oil yesterday.......Hello Mrs Oliver....just to let you know that we will be delivering your oil tomorrow afternoon......lovely says I as we weren't expecting it until tomorrow. It was delivered before I had even got up this morning. A good job Andy had unlocked the tank for me then.
I am now awaiting the arrival of the postman with two new quilting books picked up for a good price on Amazon.

Plenty of sewing time today as despite the cold we are having salad for tea to use up some cold meats from the fridge before they go out of date. I don't particularly feel like doing any batch cooking today and I can't bake a cake as I have run out of eggs......so sewing it is then.

Well the postie has been....no books today and Andy didn't pick up the papers on the way home home this morning as he usually does so all I have to look at while I have my coffee is a Lakeland catalogue which could be very dangerous.....lol.

Have a lovely day.
Sheila-x-

9 comments:

  1. Haven't been sent a Lakeland catalogue since we moved which is a Good Thing!.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't seen a Lakeland catalogue in awhile, that could be a bonus.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A Lakeland catalogue always has me drooling. I try to stay out of the stores for fear of spending. X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I got the dreaded catalogue yesterday. I am not looking at it as the dishwasher is broken and it’s time we had a new mattress so nothing to be bought from Lakeland! Catriona

    ReplyDelete
  5. Step away from the catalogue, Sheila, step away! They have some gorgeous things, don't they? It was blowing a hooley here too in the early hours and it kept us awake from about 3-4am. By this morning it had settled and was bright and sunny but it had brought a tree down in the lane. We had our LPG topped up yesterday so I feel happier now with a full tank :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lake land catalogues are dangerous things, but lovely to dream and drool over with a cuppa then stow a way in the recycle bin. We had the banshees shrieking around the valley last night, they even kept me awake. Amazon is wonderful hunting ground for books, a bit too wonderful really.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh no...no books or papers...and salad for tea...that Lakeland catalogue could be verrrry expensive! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh dear. I usually feel really disappointed when books don't show up when they are supposed it! I have been really good about not buying any recently. I've a goal to read some of the ones I already have and that's a lot!

    I'm doing really good using up food in the fridge. It is actually looking quite bare which is a good thing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You can use 1/2 mashed banana to substitute for an egg (up to 3 eggs) when baking. I freeze my bananas when they turn too brown and thaw them (slightly) in the microwave and use them. We have someone with an egg allergy to we have substitute all the time.
    Myra, from Winnipeg, Canada

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-