Pages

Followers

Thursday 4 January 2018

The Lights Are Coming Down!!!

Today is our day for taking down all of the Christmas stuff and putting it all away.
I love it all I really do but now it's been up for over a month I am ready for it all to be gone.

Tomorrow I will have a good clean up and then we'll be back to normal and I can get on with my plans for changes I want to make this year.
I'd like to make new curtains for both the lounge and the kitchen although I will hold off on the lounge ones as at some point this year we are going to have to replace the sofas and I don't really know what we will go for.

I'm off upstairs shortly to have a good sort out of the craft stuff I still have up there to see what I can pass on to Ruby, what can be kept for when she is older and what can be sent to the charity shop or thrown away.
I'm then hoping that whatever is left will fit into underbed storage boxes out of the way.

This year I want to be a better time manager so that I get plenty of time to sew and with that in mind I am doing myself a weekly rota of jobs that will be done on set days to which I will add jobs from the odd job list plus meal prep all to be done by no later than 1pm so that I have at least a couple of hours before I have to start cooking tea.
If I don't feel like sewing I will have a batch cooking day to keep the freezer full of meals ready to whip out on busy sewing days.
Will I manage it? It depends what life chucks at me I suppose but I will try my hardest to stick to my routines.

Andy is craving a dinner with gravy today so I have pulled out some pork chops to have with some veg and roast potatoes which should make his tummy happy.

Off to crack on then.
Hope you all have a good day.
Sheila-x-

10 comments:

  1. I unearthed a long lost project that has thrown my plans out of the window for today. Still there is always tomorrow. We wanted a gravy meal tonight and it will be bangers, mash veg and onion gravy. Good luck with the crafty turn out, that's a whole other rabbit hole.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love bangers and mash with veg and onion gravy. I might have to put that on the menu for next week.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  2. I love to get back to normal now too. I want to do lots of crafting whenever possible. Your craft space looks amazing now...so neat!! My stuff needs a jolly good sort out as I want to try to improve my sewing skills this year. They are pretty dire at the moment :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you get lots of crafting done. I am so happy to be back in my crafty frame of mind.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  3. The Christmas decs are coming down albeit slowly here too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All tidy now....and it was all put away in a really organised manner which will be good for getting it all out again when the time comes.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  4. I spent all day dismantling even more Christmas. We have so much stuff to put away. I dread putting it all up and then I dread taking it all down. Tony really doesn't get just how much work it is for me. He goes to work and it is up, he comes home and it is down and packed away.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Andy was here when we were putting all ours away but I still don't think he appreciates what hard work it is.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  5. Sheila you sound as though you're on a mission this year! Still much sewing to do here...just not yet a while...x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Jackie....I am on a mission. Whether I fulfill that mission remains to be seen but I shall try me darndest.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-