Pages

Followers

Tuesday 2 January 2018

Let's See If It Works Today!!!

Another go with the pictures of my sewing room.
I don't know what was going wrong yesterday but it was just having none of it.

Here goes the before.....

The dining room had become a dumping ground over Christmas and was a real mess.

More mess.

....and even more mess but that unit with the orange boxes is going to help tidy some of it away. A bargain for £20 from the charity shop it's an older style Ikea toy storage unit and the equivalent in a new design is around £60.

.......and after.........






Ok so it won't let me add captions now without moving the photos so............

Top picture is the new SKARSTA table cranked up and ready for cutting out. It's very, very sturdy and really easy to crank up and down. The handle pushes in and clips to the underneath.
The two filing cabinets hide a multitude of sins from sewing equipment to elastic and bias binding and glues and paints to my collection of precuts such as Layer Cakes and Jelly Rolls.

Pic 2...UFO's in the green tray, overlocker threads in the cream basket, scraps, Christmas fabrics, fat quarters and thicker fabrics in the orange boxes.The computer is now off the table so I don't have to move it every time I want to sew.
The handweight is used to hold my rulers down when cutting....a fabulous tip picked up from Jordan Fabrics on You Tube.

Pic 3....Top two boxes store all my dressmaking and crafting patterns and the others hold things like felt, lace and net.

Pic 4....Under table storage holds lots of fabric, batting, fleece and ribbons.

So that is it as it is at the moment. It's not posh but it's mine. There are a few changes I would like to make as I go along but it's a very workable room. Nice and bright with all the windows although I do curse them sometimes as I would love to have room to put a design wall for pinning up quilt layouts.

Today I will be making DD's sock bag and then making a start on sewing together the quilt I have had cut out for Andy for months.

The weather is foul here today....dark, wet and windy so I think I am going to be in the right place. I could have gone out with DD but I declined.

Hope you all have a great day.
Sheila-x-

21 comments:

  1. Weather here is the same. What a lot of work you’ve done in a short time. I use one of our berooms as my sewing sace and DH fitted it out with cheap kitchen units. It’s not braw but it’s very functional, Catriona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like functional Catriona. I would love to be able to have a big enough room to have a long arm machine but that is an impossible dream so I am happy with my little space.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  2. Wow, what a difference. It all looks amazing and lovely to be able to have everything in once room.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you MM. Yes it's really lovely to not have to go off searching for things in other places and I can pretty much reach everything from chair.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  3. Good and tidy. What a great space to work in. It's grey and drizzly here today but I'm going to try and get into town to do some errands. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a lovely session in there yesterday Jules.
      Hope you got your errands done.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  4. Great space to create in! I'm looking forward to getting mine back. I love having daughter to stay but I have to give up my craft room (and really tidy it up lol). So now I get to re-organise everything back how it was. My whole house is a mess. Today is the first day everyone is back where they are supposed to be so the day will be spent sorting and cleaning. Tomorrow will be about creating! Good thing it's cold and snowy outside - I'll have a day in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad that this space is now mine and I don't have to alter it around to accommodate any other functions.
      I still have Andy and Roz on holiday from work until next Monday. Once they are back I am sorting out a new housework rota to give me maximum time in the sewing room.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  5. I am impressed. My craft room currentlylooks like your 'before' pictures. As soon as Christmas is boxed away I will have a thorough tidy up in there. I wish mine was as light and bright as your room though. Mine is quite a dark room.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Try some LED lighting in your room Cherie. I have a small lamp on the table and it's brilliant at night time.Mine is the Habitat Dotty LED lamp from Argos....£18 and I think just the one is plenty.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  6. What a lovely outlook. You've certainly been busy with your sorting and tidying. Hope you get to do lots of sewing and crafting. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mmmmm.....the outlook can be a little distracting at times...lol.
      I've made a good start on the sewing....one sock bag made and lots of progress on Andy's quilt.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  7. What a wonderful work space Shelia, do you sell your crafts? xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Marlene....I love it.
      No I don't sell my crafts any more. I used to design and make my own card range which I sold through local shops but now I just make clothes for myself and the girls, things for the house and quilts for family and friends. I enjoy it so much that I don't want it to become a chore as the cardmaking did.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  8. A lovely bright room, that Ikea table is amazing, I am very tempted to sell my Horn cabinet and replace it with one of those.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Pam.
      Yes the table is amazing and worth every penny of £199. They do a smaller one at £179 but I think for the extra £20 you might as well go for the bigger one. If you sold your Horn cabinet it would probably pay for the table with change leftover.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  9. I love your sewing room and so organised now. I hope you get to spend lots of time in there sewing up a storm xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cheryl....I love it too.
      It was lovely being all nice and cosy in there yesterday and actually doing some sewing.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  10. Oh you lucky girl having some dedicated sewing space...enjoy! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am lucky Jackie and I really appreciate having my own space. It's wonderful.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-