Pages

Followers

Sunday 28 January 2018

Horses In Lead Boots!!!

Well I think most of the horses I backed yesterday were wearing their heavy duty winter boots which stopped them running fast enough to win. One though did me proud and I won the princely sum of £5 which will be going into Ruby and Marlowe's money box as the money I used for the bet was from their Daddy. 
As I know nothing about betting I was quite thrilled.
Andy and I are planning to go back in March for the Midlands Grand National as I rather enjoyed myself.

No meal out last night as The Harvester weren't taking walk ins by the time we got there at 5:30pm. We couldn't be bothered to drive round looking for anywhere so came home, fetched a Chinese and snuggled in for the night.

This morning the kitchen is full of the smell of roasting beef and I am just about to whip up some batter for the yorkies.
Once lunch is done I will be settling down with my box of dressmaking patterns to see what I want to make this week. I can't finish the Bali Pops quilt until I have some black fabric which I won't be able to get now until next weekend so I'll make something for one of the girls.

Hope you're having a lovely Sunday.
Sheila-x-

8 comments:

  1. I am glad that you enjoyed the races, they can be quite exhilarating. have fun with the patterns, I am looking forward to some sewing in the next half hour.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was quite surprised that I did enjoy it Pam. I didn't think it was my kind of thing.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  2. Shame you couldn't eat out after such a great day out at the races, a winner too! Hope you enjoy the pattern browsing, its something that I love to do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes we were quite disappointed that we couldn't get into the restaurant but never mind the Chinese was good.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  3. I'd love to go to the races one day...all dressed up nicely...probably never happen though! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You ought to time one of your visits to Sonshine to go to the races. I enjoyed it far more than I expected to. Not a day for dressing in our finest though....way too cold and wet for that.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  4. I've never been to the races but I don't have much luck either so doubt I'd come back with any winnings.

    Shame The Harvester was so busy but a Chinese sounds pretty good compensation :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was hoping for beginners luck only the first race had anything worth betting on. The odds were terrible on the other five.

      The Chinese was definitely good compensation.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-