Pages

Followers

Friday 5 January 2018

Friday Already!!!

Friday and January 5th already. It doesn't seem five minutes since we were preparing for Christmas does it?
The only thing left of our decorations now is a very glittery kitchen carpet which will probably take several hooverings to get rid of.
I made a good start on sorting the crafty stuff and now have two shopping bags full of card, paper, punches and equipment for Ruby. Still a way to go though.

Today I need to go out and do a small shop for veg and salad and a few other bits but I am waiting until Andy gets back from his check up at the hospital as I don't want to leave Smudge on his own.....he has already pee'd in the kitchen this morning. I'm not sure this medication he is on is helping matters at all......and he has just done it again while I was out putting washing in the tumble dryer. I despair.

Once back from shopping I am hoping to get the quilt top finished and then I will layer and quilt it early next week seeing as I will be out for most of the weekend.
I wasn't planning on making another quilt for a while but I made the mistake of watching a video from Fat Quarter Shop on You Tube last night. Oh my word the quilt was just delicious and looks a fairly quick make. A 9 1/2 inch ruler has been ordered this morning and I shall be having a sort through my fabrics to see if I have anything suitable to make it with.

Andy has just phoned to say he is on his way back so I'll go and get ready to go out into the nasty weather....more rain and absolutely freezing.

Keep dry and warm.
Sheila-x-

16 comments:

  1. I’m much the same as you Sheila with he decluttering of craft stash. I have Norrie quilt to quilt onto fleece backing. My own to do from scratch and a baby one for Maytime. Got sucked in by a wee tutorial about felt triangle boxes so of course I have now become sidetracked (again). Hope Andy’s checkup went well.Catriona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I am going to have to ban myself from The Tube. I have that many videos bookmarked I doubt I'll ever get round to watching them all.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  2. There is always another rabbit hole to jump down. Still trying to work through the stash is a good thing. That's what I keep telling myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just jumped down another rabbit hole Pam which I will be showing in todays post.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  3. Hope all went well with Andy. I keep getting sidetracked too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks MM....everything is fine with Andy.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  4. Week has flown by! I got all messed up by the holiday at the beginning of the week though. It will be nice to be back to normal next week. Hope all is well with Andy. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. By 12:30 today I will have my house back....I am so excited.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  5. Have you looked at the Missouri Star Quilt company videos. Every time I watch one of Jennies videos I am inspired

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love MSQC Cherie.
      I have Hamilton, Missouri on my bucket list. Can you imagine a town with so many fabric shops....wow.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  6. Hope all went well with Andy's check up. I love January because it's such a long month and time seems to go slowly, but can't believe we're already nearly a week into it as I type this.

    Poor Smudge. Is it a side effect of the medication that's to blame for his accidents or is it part of his problem?

    Enjoy your quilting session. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Andy is fine thanks Suzanne.
      The peeing is part of Smudge's problem and the medication is supposed to help with that but it's not working...in fact some days he is worse than he was before he started taking it.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  7. If Smudge is on steroids he'll be constantly peeing...at last it is dry here...but sooo cold. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Constant is the word Jackie.
      Freezing here too but sunny and dry today.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  8. Poor Smudge, but poor you too... we know the feeling well, mopping up dog pee, sigh xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Much as I love him I must admit it is driving me mad Cheryl.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-