Pages

Followers

Wednesday 3 January 2018

Happy Birthday My Gorgeous Girl!!!

Today we have a birthday in the house......DD is 38 years old.
We started off the day with a visit to the doctors surgery for my blood test but then went straight off to Derby where we had breakfast and she spent some of her birthday money.
I picked up some wadding and binding for Andy's quilt and a couple of colours of jumbo ric rac braid for the skirts and dresses I will be making for the girls.
We didn't stay long. The shops are full of reduced Christmas tat and not much else and as Ruby is visiting after school today I wanted to get home to tidy up.
DD is off out for tea with friends so we are just having a simple tea of soup (tinned....shock, horror) and crusty bread.
Ruby is allowed pudding when she comes to Ganma's so tonight I am making a layered Black Forest Sundae with chocolate cake, cherry pie filling and ice cream with a whipped cream topping. She'll love that.

Yesterday I did some sewing and it felt so good.
One sock bag made and already in use and some good progress on Andy's quilt. I was hoping to get that finished at the weekend but I have dates on Saturday and Sunday with my girls. I'll be looking after them while DDIL works from home and then I am staying on for a while to have a crafty session with Ruby to teach her how to use all her crafting goodies we bought her.

Very strong winds here today and very dark clouds with the occasional session of blinding sunlight which gave me quite a headache on the way back from Derby.
I hope the winds don't cause any damage where you are.
Sheila-x-

23 comments:

  1. A very Happy Birthday to your lovely daughter. Enjoy your evening with Ruby. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank Jules.
      Ruby time was very much enjoyed.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  2. I am sure that there are piles of tat in the shops here, luckily I haven't had to venture in to any of them yet. I will need a top up of milk, fruit and veg by the weekend though. I have only been to Derby once and had a great day in and out of the shops. I am planning a visit to a big yarn and fabric shop in the next couple of weeks. I will be taking some cash in my pocket, that way I can not go overboard. Best wishes to DD. I can only begin to imagine the fun you will have with Ruby.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you would probably need a week in Derby now Pam. It has got so big.
      I wish there was a big fabric shop around here somewhere. There's not even a little one now.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  3. Happy Birthday to your daughter, goodness how the time flies by, I can't believe my only nipper is now 20, very strong winds here last night and today. Still at least it dried the washing. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Marlene. Yes time certainly does fly.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  4. Strong winds here but no damage. Birthday wishes to your daughter. Ho lovely to be sharing your love of crafting with Ruby, a real joy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have managed to escape any damage thank goodness.
      Can't wait to spend the day with Ruby....she is so excited.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  5. Very strong winds and heavy rain...Wishing your DD a very happy Birthday x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jackie.
      Not sure what's in store today but it looks miserable out there.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  6. Happy birthday to your daughter. Please can I come for a black forest sundae next time you make one. It sounds so utterly delish that I am happy to break my diet. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cherie.
      Yes you can certainly come and have a sundae next time I make it....it was lovely.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  7. Many Happy Returns to your DD, hope she's had a lovely day. Eleanor whipped all the felt off our shed roof last night the little tinker so we need to sort that out, but compared to lots of people I'd say we got off lightly. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that naughty Eleanor. We managed to dodge any damage and the new fence panels stood up really well.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  8. Happy Birthday to your DD. X sounds like a great day has been had by all except for the headache bit xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rachel.
      Headache all gone now.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  9. wishing your daughter a Happy Birthday and have a lovely time with Ruby and Marlowe.
    Missing my Florence haven't seen her for weeks because of colds.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sue.
      I hope you get to see Florence soon. I get heartache if I don't see my girls for a while.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  10. Happy Birthday to your daughter! Glad you got to spend time with her. Sounds like fun!

    ReplyDelete

  11. Wish you friend Happy Birthday 2018 with images/ wishes/ sms/ greeting/ pictures of Birthday 2018.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Belated happy birthday wishes to your DD. I hope it was a wonderful day x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-