Pages

Followers

Wednesday 17 January 2018

We Got White Stuff!!!

We had a right cracker of a snow storm last night.
Howling wind and really heavy snowfall.....it was like being inside a snow globe.
This morning it's all just about gone 😒
A tiny bit on the ground and the rooftops and that's it.
Now it is just very cold and sunny.

I won't be starting on DD's curtains until the weekend so I have pulled out a jelly roll.....for non quilters....a roll of 40 two and a half inches by width of fabric strips......and have drawn a plan for a quilt for Marlowe. A nice change from the blues it is various pinks with a very soft lime green and cream. I'm a bit limited on prints....a jelly roll is usually strips from each fabric in a particular collection but this one only has eight strips each of 5 different designs.....one of which I don't like and won't use but I am happy with what I have planned.

Something tummy warming for tea tonight I think so we are having spaghetti bolognaise. I hope Ruby still likes it but if not she can choose tomato soup.
There will also be pudding which doesn't happen often here but I made the very naughty purchase of a Sticky Toffee Pudding when I went shopping and it needs to be used.

Andy has insisted on having the heating on today as he was cold in bed yesterday and didn't sleep well. I am not complaining as I am in and out to the tumble dryer today with sofa blankets and cushion covers being laundered and that wind is really icy.

Hope you are all keeping warm today.
Sheila-x-

14 comments:

  1. Lol Sheila! I could have sent you a bit of the white stuff if you'd have liked! I wish ours left so quickly. I thought it was going to be warmer today but woke up and it's -13C. At this point I'll settle for temps at freezing. I was hoping to go out for a walk. Oh well, maybe it will warm up a bit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, ha.....a few bucketsful would be lovely Sharon....but only if you can spare it.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  2. We’re on our second day of mega white stuff and it’s beggared our holiday. We’ll try again tomorrow but it's not looking good this afternoon. Daughter got whacked by a truck on the motorway yesterday coming home from work and is very shaken. Her wee car’s damaged but apart from her shoulder getting the brunt of the collision, she’s ok but very shaken. Happy sewing. Catriona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So sorry the snow is causing you problems Catriona....and your poor daughter...how scary for her. I hope she gets over the shock soon.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  3. It snowed again here so we do have a little splattering but nothing like the mainland where roads/motorways have come to a standstill.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No more snow here MM but it's awfully cold and the wind is very scary at times.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  4. We had a light dusting of snow here last night as well, plus hail, rain and thunder! I'm also freezing but I'm the only who is and as I've have been voted down for upping the thermostat I've put my PJ's, housecoat and fluffy socks on instead! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oo'er....I think we have had everything but the thunder.
      Fluffy socks are permanently on my feet at the moment. I can cope with anything being cold but not my feet.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  5. We had a few flakes last night but it came to nothing. It has been bright and sunny today but very cold. No sewing for me till Friday, back and forth to Swansea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very strong winds here last night....the noise was awful and there were a fair few things being blown about.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  6. No snow here, thank goodness, but it's blooming cold and blustery with squally showers....I think I'd prefer the snow! I do envy you ladies who quilt....I'm afraid I'm no good at sewing, mainly because I hate it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't knit or crochet Sooze and I envy anyone who can....especially when I see some of the gorgeous things Lucy at Attic 24 makes.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  7. Rather fancy some snow instead of rain and hail. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd like some that would cover up all the mud and make everything look clean. Just a couple of days would do...lol.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-