Pages

Followers

Sunday 20 November 2016

The Best Laid Plans And All That!!!

We got back so late from town yesterday that we didn't have time to put the tree up.
Plans were made to do it this morning before we take Ruby home but DD has gone down with something nasty and is in no fit state to do anything.
Snuggling and watching Christmas films is done, hot chocolate with marshmallows and sprinkles has been drunk and Ruby has drawn me some beautiful Christmas pictures so there has been some festive stuff going on but not quite as much as I imagined.

Ruby did quite well out of the visit to town coming home with a new lace dress to replace the one she has outgrown, a pair of jeggings to replace a pair outgrown and three new tops. I did wonder why she was so eager to go and have a look round Pr****k....lol.

Another hour and that will be our weekend overšŸ˜¢and I doubt there will be time to fit in another now before Christmas. It has been so lovely to have her here though.

Back to normal tomorrow once I have cleaned up and found places on the fridge for all the pictures which I can't bear to throw away.

Hope your weekend has been lovely too.
Sheila-x-

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you've had a lovely weekend and I love your 'no rules' rule. Grandparents are made to spoil their grandchildren, I know mine did. A sleepover always meant a late night, lots of TV, a trip to the sweet shop early evening and a trip to the chippy later on. I have great memories of those nights and I'm sure Ruby will always remember her stays with you. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a great fun time! Treasure those times.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-