Pages

Followers

Friday 11 November 2016

Friday....Again!!!

A huge heartfelt thank you to everyone who left a lovely comment on my post yesterday sharing in our joy at Andy being clear of cancer. They were very much appreciated.

Today I will be spending some time in the kitchen. I won't be cooking anything for tea tonight as Andy really fancies Chinese so I will be getting ahead of myself and making a beef stew for tomorrow and a chocolate cake to take with us when we go to see DDIL, Ruby and Marlowe for lunch tomorrow. They will be stuck in the house waiting for a furniture delivery so I said we would go down in case DDIL needed to nip out to the shops or anything. After these last few weeks I know what it's like to need something from the shops and not be able to get out.

The sun is shining this morning but it's very damp with no breeze to speak of so laundry will have to go in the dryer. I have absolutely nowhere to put damp washing that comes in off the line so dryer it is.

The search for a piece of furniture for the landing came to a bit of a halt when Andy was in hospital and nothing could be done until he is able to drive again but that darling man of mine has come up with a solution. I have always wanted a dresser for the kitchen and while DD and I were in Market Drayton some weeks ago we visited a place called Surplus Supermarket and found they stocked exactly the kind of dressers I like. When Andy is driving again he is taking me to choose one and the cupboard/sideboard we bought for the kitchen will be just the perfect thing to go on the landing. I am so excited. The dresser will be my Christmas present.

Right....I am off to cook up a storm.
Have a lovely weekend everybody.
Sheila-x-

4 comments:

  1. How exciting, the perfect Christmas gift. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic news about Andy! Great relief.

    Have a lovely weekend

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really pleased to hear the news about Andy, have been praying for him. My hubby did his nursing training at the Derbyshire Royal Infirmary (the old one, he is 68 this year). Glad the hospital was up to scratch for you both.

    Pat

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-