Pages

Followers

Wednesday 29 November 2017

#ShouldHaveGoneToBirmingham!!!

So sorry for the lack of a post yesterday.
I was out from 9am until quite late....first in Derby and then in Burton.
The sole reason for going to Derby was fabric shopping as we had decided against going in to Birmingham but in hindsight we should have gone with our first plans to go to Birmingham because fabric shopping in Derby was a bit dire to say the least.
The stall where I usually get all of my fabrics had hardly anything like as much as they normally have and I left with two metres.....yes just two metres of fabric and four zips.
I really wish we had gone to Birmingham now but it's the cost of the train fare that made us think twice.
Oh well...it was what it was.

Today DD is building her wardrobe and I am catching up on laundry, preparing veg for tea and tidying the dining room table ready to get the sewing machine out later. 
Once I have sewn what I have to sew I need to get the London gifts down and get them sorted ready to deliver to the Doodles house tomorrow to go down to London at the weekend and will also deliver the Advent calendars ready for Ruby and Marlowe to start on Friday. Poor Marlowe...hers is a bit boring this year as each day just contains a 50p coin but hopefully she can save that up and Mummy will buy her a toy with it. She is too small for anything tiny that will fit in the pockets and I don't think I would be very popular if I filled it with chocolate for every day.

Tomorrow will be another busy day....bringing down the tree and decorations, building the tree, fluffing it and putting the lights on ready for Ruby and Aunty DD to decorate on Saturday morning. We only have Ruby overnight and up until lunchtime Saturday so it's going to be a quick job this year.

Right....back to the tidying, laundry and veg......I could really do with eight arms today....lol.

Hope you are all having a lovely day.
Sheila-x-


5 comments:

  1. I dare not go near a really big fabric shop, the one in llandeilo has so much choice that I am in there for ages. Spellcheck thinks that the shop is in lowlander, he he.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We could do with a big fabric shop round here Pam. There is nothing....nowhere to even buy a zip or a few buttons without travelling and sometimes I'd be happy just to be able go into little town for things like that without having to go into Derby or further.
      I was so disappointed.

      lowlander....lol.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  2. Wow - for someone who didn't have a lot of plans it sounds like a really busy week! I loved Advent Calendars as a child and when my kids were growing up. Perhaps I should treat myself to one just for the chocolate lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor Marlowe won't be poor for much longer...and excuse me...but surely you're growing your tree not building it?! Grandmas always have to grow their tree...albeit in a very magical way! Have fun sprinkling the magic over your home. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had a tidy if my fabric stash and found a whole pile of fabric that I have never seen before. :-) :-) I either bought it so long ago that I can't remember buyiing it or I was given it and hadn't had chance to take a good look thorugh the bag. The latter is more likely

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-