Pages

Followers

Friday 10 November 2017

Is Your Journey Really Necessary?!!!

That was the question I asked myself this morning as DD and I got up and prepared for our trip to Ikea.
In the end I looked at my list and wondered if I could maybe find the things on there in the little town, decided that yes I probably could and the trip to Nottingham was cancelled as neither of us really felt like going.
Pretty much everything was found plus a few little bits besides. Grocery shopping was also done and we were home way earlier than we would have been if we'd stuck to our original plans.
The rest of the day will be spent sorting out all of the Christmas packaging and getting ready to start the wrapping sessions in the evenings next week.

It was pretty windy and cold in town so we picked up some baking potatoes for tea and we'll have those with some cheese and beans....yummy....we've not had those for ages.

......and on that note I shall love and leave you as I can hear the kettle boiling and I'm hoping it's for a nice cup of tea.

Hope you are all nice and cosy.
Have a lovely weekend.
Sheila-x-

16 comments:

  1. That must have been a relief, especially if you are still a bit under the weather. I'm starting to get excited about Christmas now. A few stocking fillers might have been purchased this morning. 😆

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh it was Jules...especially as I remembered what the traffic was like last time Andy and I went.
      I'm excited about getting the gifts wrapped now. A few cosy evenings with a mug of hot chocolate and a stack of bags to be filled. I love it.
      I don't do Ruby and Marlowe's stockings but I do get the job of sourcing tiny things to go in their Advent calendars.
      Have a wonderful weekend.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  2. Jacket spuds with cheese and beans are one of those simple old fashioned meals that we forget about but really should have more often - because they're delicious (as well as being cheap!).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. .....and delicious they were too Sooze.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  3. I love baked potatoes, so simple but always enjoyable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can only eat them if the flesh has been mashed and seasoned before I put the topping on but I did enjoy them last night.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  4. Ikea Nottingham is my nearest one. The bit I dread is the car park!! I avoid going at all costs and haven't been this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes their car park is dreadful and doesn't the wind whip across there at rate of knots. Whatever the weather there is always wind at Ikea Nottinham....lol.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  5. Hate IKEA and avoid at all costs. Like you, I often find things quite local to me if I just focus. We are lucky to have a Wilcos which sells lots of things for storage etc and I can walk there and back. Have a nice weekend. Catriona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to admit I do love Ikea....well apart from their car park.
      I'm glad we didn't go though.
      Hope you have a good weekend too.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  6. Real comfort food weather down here...windy, cold, and now wet again. Yuck! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. More comfort food today as it is cold and looks like it might rain.
      Keep snug down there.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  7. Oh my gosh! You are really ahead on your Christmas organisation. It was SO cold here this morning -7c when I went out for my walk. When I couldn't feel my legs anymore I decided it was time to stop. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am Sharon. I plan to have no gift shopping at all left to do in December if I can help it.
      Oooooh -7c. I don't think we have hit that yet and doubt we will here in our mollycoddled part of the Midlands.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  8. It is crispy to study!!! Hahaha don't you just love the spam comments!!!
    I am jealous of your Christmas prep. I so want to be done but my dilemma this year is what to get everyone!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honestly...has the sad little shit got nothing better to do with his/her time.

      I found my lot quite easy to buy for this year for a change.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-