Pages

Followers

Friday 3 November 2017

The Day Off That Wasn't!!!

I promised myself an afternoon on the sofa yesterday but then realised that I taken meat out of the freezer with the intention of turning it into meals for next week.
So one pack of turkey mince is now turkey meatballs in a spicy sriracha tomato sauce and one pack of pork mince is now spicy pork and beans. Gawd knows what they taste like as my senses of smell and taste have gone off together somewhere.
There will be very little cooking to do next week as along with those two meals I have other things in the freezer which will make up a week of meals and by then the freezer inside should be almost empty.

As Andy leaves for work at 11:20 today this will be my day off.
A nice glass of cold lemonade, a snuggly blanket and either the food channel or a Christmas film on the telly box and I will let nothing stand in my way...lol.

Rightio.....I need a cuppa and there are a couple of slices of three cheese bloomer left which are going in the toaster for my breakfast.....I hope I can taste it today as it is just so delicious.

Hope you all have a good day.
Sheila-x-

4 comments:

  1. I made the most of my sofa day yesterday and today have a bit of energy. The bathroom is now fully presentable. The SO has a day at home and is indulging in his favourite pastime of moving things around. I am hiding behind the lappy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I finished the last Christmas sticking, Hansel and Retel dolls with pillows and quilts. Have now cut out 70 hexagons of wadding and fabric for my volunteer class. Catriona

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh...sofa...blanket...hot bot...bliss! Unfortunately not with this cough. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow you have been busy considering you're not feeling too well. I have to admit then I just want to cuddle up on the sofa and sleep. Feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-