Pages

Followers

Sunday 5 November 2017

Peaceful...But Not Quiet!!!

We are having our usual lazy Sunday and although this one is peaceful it definitely isn't quiet.
Lots of coughing and noisy nose blowing going on from all three of us...yuck.

It's DS and DDIL's wedding anniversary today and I would love to go down and see them but really don't want to pass these germs back to Ruby or make Marlowe any worse than she is so I am best staying away sadly.

I shall be glad when the local yobs have got over themselves with their damn fireworks. It was nearly 1am this morning before they finished letting off some really loud ones. It's a good job Smudge is going deaf or he would have been petrified.

The Christmas shopping is very nearly done now. DD and I went out yesterday.....despite not feeling quite top notch...and pretty much finished off the list except for a couple of small things and something for my BIL's daughter.
We went back to Bridgemere as they have both a Lakeland and a Hobbycraft which saved having to faff about going to two different places in Derby. They also have a farm shop and a veg stall so some Scotch Eggs and salad were bought home for a quick tea as we had left home at 8:30am and didn't get back until nearly 5pm....it was a long day.

Now I am about to eat a lovely lunch cooked by DD. Roast chicken and all the trimmings.
I just hope I can taste it.

Hope you are having a lovely peaceful Sunday.
Sheila-x-

5 comments:

  1. Darn this drafted cold n flu season! I'm on with chicken dinner too, fingers crossed we can taste it xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ps. The blue and yellow fabric was a set of fat quarters from The craft cotton company. I think originally from create and craft - no design name or number on the ribbon sorry xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww...thanks for letting me know Rach. I'll have to look out for something similar as I really do like the colours.
      Hope your dinner was good.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  3. I hope you managed to enjoy your roast, Sheila. Fingers crossed for you that the fireworks will be all finished now. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could just about taste it Jules...it was lovely.
      Fireworks over and done with by about 9pm last night but I expect that won't be the last we hear of them.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-