Pages

Followers

Sunday 26 November 2017

Feeling Festive!!!

At my age I am usually a little bit ho-hum about experiences for children that winkle rather a lot of pounds from parents and grandparents pockets and don't deliver fully on their promises.
Well the National Forest Adventure Farm at Tatenhill went all out and actually delivered the most amazing Christmas experience ever with their North Pole Adventure.  DDIL says it was worth every single penny and I have to agree with her.
From the beautiful entry tickets to the passports which you had to get stamped at various points, the Elf coins that could be spent in the Victorian street to the polar bear that knew all of the children's names it was pure magic from start to finish.
I don't know who the people were who played the parts of the ticket collector, the Elves, Mrs Christmas, Santa and various other characters but they played their parts so well.
The whole trip took just under two hours and the girls didn't get bored at all.
Ruby isn't a fan of fake Santa's but no such qualms for Marlowe who gave him three high fives before we left his cosy little room.
If I had to be picky and point out one thing that was lacking it would have to be that there were no Christmassy smells.
A gentle pine scent as you walked through the forests would have been so nice as would the smell of gingerbread cooking in Mrs Christmas's kitchen....but that is just me....I'm sure nobody else was that bothered.

By the time we came out it was lunchtime so we did that and then it was playtime for the girls at various points around the farm although we decided the best place was animal stroking in the barn during the snow storm that arrived.
By 4:30pm we were all so cold that we decided to head for home full of the joys of Christmas.
I would love to say that I slept like a log last night....but I didn't unfortunately.
So much for excercise and fresh air knocking you out...lol.

A lazy day today. No Sunday lunch to cook. Instead we have had brunch and will have cold meat and salad with some buttered new potatoes at tea time.
DD is shifting furniture around in her room, Andy is sofa hugging but he will have to move shortly as I would like to clean the sofas and run the hoover round to clear up the mess he made with his nuts yesterday......I really hate nuts in the shell when he gets his hands on them.

I hope you are all keeping warm and dry today.
Sheila-x-


12 comments:

  1. Mmmm, it's the noise as the shells go through the metal tube that puts my teeth on edge. This year, as last, we will be having shelled nuts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The trouble is Andy buys the nuts and he will always go for the shell ons.
      If it was left to me we wouldn't have them.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  2. Glad to hear you enjoyed your day out. You'll have to be Mrs. Clause yourself and cook up some proper Christmassy smells. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww Jackie it really was the best Christmas thing I have ever been to.
      I wanted to mug Mrs Christmas for her outfit which was absolutely magical. I'd love to wear it on Christmas Day when The Doodles come.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  3. It sounds lots of fun and most importantly little ones were happy and value for money xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh it was fun Cheryl.
      Marlowe's little face when the snow began falling in the polar bear room nearly made me cry....she was absolutely enchanted.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  4. Went to the Country Living Fair in Glasgow today. Two good things were: I snagged the tickets half price and Snowdonia Cheese were there so bought quite a bagful and 4 jars of chutney. Apart from that, waste of time. Glad your outing was worth the effort and cost. Catriona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh what a shame Catriona I know the feeling of disappointment when things don't deliver so I am very pleased that our outing was good.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  5. It sounds like you all had a lot of fun. I wish there was something similar near here. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For me the fun was the looks on the girls faces. Ruby was awestruck when the polar bear said her name and age and that she liked dressing up. Pure magic.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
    2. A talking polar bear would win it for me too! X

      Delete
  6. It sounds a perfect day Sheila. One I'm sure Ruby and Marlowe will always remember. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-