Pages

Followers

Wednesday 1 November 2017

Going Down Like Ninepins!!!

The Christmas shopping still needs to be finished.
DD came home on Monday evening fit for nothing but snuggling up on the sofa with a hot drink. Last night we went to see DDIL as it was her birthday and tonight Ruby is coming for tea after all so we will need to take her home.
We are hoping for tomorrow but Andy has gone down with the cold today and my nose and throat are twitching very suspiciously so we will have to see.

Couldn't be bothered with sewing yesterday although I did get the calendar out of it's bag and re-ironed the pieces.....and it won't get done today as I can now empty what is left in the outside freezer and put it inside while I clean the outside one.
Once they are both clean I can make my list and go and do a freezer shop.

On Monday the postie delivered the T***o vouchers which I only have once a year. Since I started shopping around more and not doing my whole shop every week there I don't get as many vouchers as I used to so opted to have them just before Christmas and the lump sum of £75.50 is more useful than smaller dribs and drabs through the year.
Last year I used them for stocking up on meat but this year I think I will use them to stock up the store cupboard with useful things that can be used way beyond Christmas and I am making a list accordingly.

I haven't the faintest idea what we will be having for tea tonight. Ruby will want tomato soup as she still has her sore throat. There may be some salad left in the drawer and there is a pack of Chicken Kievs in the freezer so it may well be that. I'll see what DD fancies when she comes in.

Right....into the freezer I go.

Hope you are all having a good day.
Sheila-x-

5 comments:

  1. Ooooh, I hope I didn't send it your way. Mine has just about gone now,just the odd sneeze from nowhere to rock me in my tracks. I get my vouchers every quarter but they go in a drawer till Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The changing seasons often give me the sneezt sniffles and poorly throat. Keep warm and hope you shake it off. Catriona

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh dear, it seems to be doing the rounds doesn't it. The only bonus to not feeling well is being able to snuggle up on the sofa with the remote control :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Still chesty here...driving me nuts now! Hope you get off lightly! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh no! Hope everyone feels better soon. It's the change in weather, I think. Wow - sounds like you are really getting ahead in the Christmas shopping department!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-