Pages

Followers

Tuesday 21 November 2017

In The Mood For Moving!!!

Some months ago I had a bit of a change around in the dining room and I find I am really not liking it so it's time to find a better way to set everything out and I am in the mood so I will be going for it and getting it done. I will clean all the windows as I move stuff round and hoover in all the corners that haven't seen daylight in some time.

My free afternoon was spent.....tidying out a kitchen cupboard. It wasn't on my job lists but it had been driving me mad for a while....and now it's not. It wasn't what I intended to be doing but never mind...it's done.

There is a rather nice smell coming from the kitchen....I have just taken a tea brack out of the oven. It needs cooling, wrapping and hiding before Andy gets up as it needs to stand for a couple of days before cutting it and he will wade straight into it if I don't hide it.
Later there will be more nice smells as I cook a curry. I don't usually eat it but I have decided to try some. If I don't like it I shall have egg on toast and DD can take mine to work for her lunch tomorrow.

The heating thermometer is such a liar this morning. It is saying that the temperature is quite reasonable and yet I am freezing. I will resist putting the heating on though and go and find a job to do which will keep me warm.

Have a lovely day.
Sheila-x-

16 comments:

  1. I wouldn't like to get in your way today Sheila. You sound like a woman on a mission.
    Hopefully the moving things around will get you warmed up a bit. The weather is becoming more and more Wintry up here. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I was a woman on a mission but you know those jobs you wish you had never started.....well this is one of them...lol.
      Very dark and dismal here this morning Jules.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  2. I'd love to have a change around occasionally Sheila but our house doesn't lend itself to change which is a shame because I do get bored of everything always being in the same place.

    Hope you enjoyed the curry but if not, egg on toast is really nice as well - it's what I had for my tea last night :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our house is much the same Suzanne especially the lounge although I will be swapping the two bookcases around in there next week.

      I coped with the curry but only because I couldn't be bothered to do my egg on toast.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  3. You have been very productive, I must do some kitchen cleaning, better crack on with it and get it out the way before Christmas, you made me chuckle when you said you had to hide the cake away. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A thorough kitchen clean is on my list too Marlene.

      The cake is safe....lol.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  4. Oh I do love a good move around, my husband dreads it. Hope you’re happier with your new arrangement xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll be happier once it's finished Cheryl. There is just so much stuff in here.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  5. Will we be getting Show and tell photos of the rearrangement? x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe....but you certainly won't be getting before photos....it is a complete tip....lol.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  6. I start off feeling cold and put on an extra layer and thicker socks. then start with the hoover and have to strip.

    ReplyDelete
  7. There is a certain temperature that I really find it difficult to get warm at. Below it, I'm okay, above it, I'm okay but there's 'that' temperature where, no matter what I do, I can't get warm. I usually end up taking a bath to heat me up inside and out lol.

    I'm not a big curry fan - the egg on toast sounds better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I must be the same Sharon. I ended up putting a jumper and socks on and still couldn't get warm. Couldn't wait to get to bed with my hot water bottle.

      Thankfully my taste buds have not quite recovered from the cold I had so I was able to eat the curry.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  8. I hate it when I move stuff around only to realise I liked it better the original way!
    Hope you've warmed up now. I wish this wind would vanish! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm always doing it Vix and I drive myself mad.

      I should have stayed in bed this morning. It's really horrible here.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-