Pages

Followers

Friday 24 November 2017

A Very Slow Start!!!

I have woken up in a whole heap of pain this morning and have been very slow getting started on anything.
Most of it I think is related to all the pushing and shoving round of furniture yesterday in the dining room but that is all done now except for a bit of tweaking.
There is no way I want to be moving it all again for Christmas Day when The Doodles come for lunch so I have hit on the fabulous idea of bringing the summer dining table in from outside and temporarily scooting one of the sofas out of the way to use it in the lounge. Moving a sofa rather than emptying a whole room is a bit of a no brainer really.

Well the bedding didn't stay long on the line yesterday. I had to keep going down every five minutes to unwrap it from around the line which I soon got fed of and it went in the drier. I should have done that in the first place.
Today is totally different.....very still but sunny and bright.

I'm trying to catch up on bits of jobs today as I will be out for the whole day tomorrow visiting The North Pole with all my favourite girls....DDIL, DD, Ruby and Marlowe. The weather forecast is for rain so I think wellies and waterproofs will be needed. I haven't fetched out scarves, hats and gloves yet but it might also be a good idea to locate those......oooh and I must also charge the camera.
Andy will think he has gone to heaven with just him and his doggy boy in the house.

No idea what is for tea tonight. I'm not in the mood for cooking so maybe cheese and crackers with pickles for a change. I have just remembered a jar of piccalilli in the outside stores so yes.....definitely cheese and pickles.

Right...I shall go and carry on with shuffling about and getting me jobs done.
Hope you all have a fabulous weekend.
Sheila-x-


2 comments:

  1. I love a "make a plate" dinner every now and then, some cheese, pickles, cucumber chunks and the odd tomato. Whatever we fancy with either crackers or bread. The idea of using the summer table is spot on fora hassle free meal. Since I moved my room set up around I have brought my pretty cast iron table in and we eat at that all the time, it fits in a tight corner and frees up lots of space.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How delightful! It sounds as if you and the girls had a magical experience. A great kick off to the Christmas season.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-