Pages

Followers

Sunday 12 November 2017

Lovely Sunday!!!

The last of the pork chops from the freezer are sizzling away in the oven along with a tray of roast potatoes, some roasting sprouts and some stuffing. Carrots and peas are bubbling  on the stove top and there is a pan of gravy waiting to be thickened for our very early Sunday lunch.
Normally we don't eat until around 1pm but I have discovered that I have forgotten a couple of vital elements for Ruby's Christmas box and need to nip up to the craft shop at the garden centre to get them.
Once we get home the wrapping will commence... although it won't all get done today.

Gosh that lunch is smelling good and my tummy is rumbling as I didn't eat breakfast with us having an early lunch.
I had best go and see if it's nearly ready.

Hope you are having a lovely Sunday. We have bright sunshine and blue skies today.
Sheila-x-


16 comments:

  1. Sounds delicious, I hope you find what you are looking for when you go out. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were really nice chops from our local-ish butcher Marlene.
      Ruby's gift theme this year is paper crafting and I had bought everything but the glue sticks and a bottle of wet glue for her to be able to get going with it all on Boxing Day....lol.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  2. We are skipping lunch today as I had the yearning for bacon, fluffy pancakes and maple syrup. It was delish but it will be a light dinner as we are still quite full.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had never quite got to grips with bacon, pancakes and maple syrup until I tried them in New York for breakfast one day. Now I love that combination.....as long as the bacon is nice and crispy....yum, yum.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  3. I hope you enjoyed your lunch. The weather is glorious here today - beautiful blue sky - so lunch for me was a cheese bun on top of a mountain. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lunch was lovely Jules but a cheese bun on top of a mountain sounds even better.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  4. It's been a gorgeous day here too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Doesn't look like we'll get the same today Rachel....it's very cloudy out there.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  5. I can almost smell those chops cooking.. they smell yummy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. .....and very yummy they were too Cherie.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  6. My daves favorite dinner is pork chops , I wished we had had pork chops today instead of the joint as it was tough, very unusual for morrisons meat though xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww what a shame your joint was tough. I hate it when you pay all that money for a joint of meat and it doesn't live up to expectations.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  7. I have followed your example tonight... pork chops are roasting in the oven. I have placed them on top of a bed of vegetable so that all the flavour seeps into the veg.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have finally worked out how to cook pork chops. Sounds really sad but I always overcooked them. Hubby and son both like so I persevered and can now cook! You sound so organised in your Christmas shopping\ wrapping.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yum...can almost smell it from here. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Can't comment on your latest post....keeps coming up as error...any ideas? x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-