Pages

Followers

Wednesday 8 November 2017

A Chicken Pie Kind Of Day!!!

DD bumped into DS at work yesterday and she enquired as to how the girls are. Ruby is still in the grip of this rotten cold and is very grumpy and fed up. I think I will do a bit of what Ganmas are best at.......and spoil her with some chicken pie, mashed potatoes and lots and lots of gravy which is by far her most favourite meal.
Despite the sun this morning it is very cold so Andy and DD should like it too.

Yesterday I got one set of mug rugs cut out, layered and pinned. I can't decide on the fabric for the other set so will leave that until tomorrow.
I also....finally got Ruby's JoJo Siwa hair bow mended. The clip had broken and I knew I had some hairclips somewhere which I could use to mend it and so that is off my list of things to do now.
When I found the box of clips there were two puffball hair bows that I had made which just needed clips adding. They will be finished today and she can take those home with her then I just have to make and finish the other four that I had cut the ribbon for.
I'm hoping to finish everything before the weekend as Saturday and Sunday will be a bit mad this week. I have my retinapathy appointment at the opticians at 11:10am on Saturday which clashes with my looking after the girls while DDIL works from home so DD is going to do that for me and then I shall look after them on Sunday while DD cooks the lunch.
I always get a bad headache after the retinapathy test so I'll not be fit for doing any sewing or much else on Saturday.

Well I had best go and get the filling made for the chicken pie so that it can cool down before I make the pastry.

Have a lovely day.
Sheila-x-

12 comments:

  1. Just a small portion for me please. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You could have had mine Jackie. I just wasn't hungry at all last night.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  2. Good luck with the retinopathy appt-DH has been getting these now for around 10years and they are done at a local clinic. Fortunately, it was pur own optucian who picked up that he was developing glaucoma and has now had both eyes lasered to make extra drainage. Two kinds of eyedrops, three times a day. God love him, he tells everyone he has no effects from his diabetes! And we'll not even talk about his feet. Enjoy Ruby's visit-at least you have been forewarned she's still a bit grumpy. The new bows should help. Catriona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hate having my eyes messed with Catriona and I get really tense when I know I have to go and have the dreaded drops in.
      The bows definitely put a smile on Ruby's face.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  3. I also have retinopathy screening annually. I don't mind it really but the bit I can't stand is afterwards when the optician insists on showing me the photos on the screen - the colour alone makes me feel a bit qweezy! Luckily all is OK as I hope yours is.
    Can't go wrong with pie & mash in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean Mrs. I really don't need to see those photos either.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  4. Yes, another retinopathy attendee here. It's ok for me, doesn't give me a headache, the bit I don't like is the stingy squirt of eyedrops first. I always end up blinking because of the anticipation and so the drops don't actually go in my eyes and they have to do it again....lol. Poor Ruby, chicken pie and mash should cheer her up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the headache is more down to me than the actual retinopathy....although the drops don't help. I'm a blinker too and the whole thing takes way longer than it should do.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  5. Aw, hope Ruby feels better soon, a cold can be so wearing xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She seemed OK when she came last night Cheryl and was very happy that she was having chicken pie....lol.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  6. I'm sure Ruby will be feeling much better after some home made chicken pie. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The pie and the bows certainly cheered her up Jules.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-