Pages

Followers

Sunday 19 November 2017

The Last Sunday Roast Of 2017!!!

Today we will be having the last Sunday roast of the year.
I always have a cut off point for doing big Sunday lunches in the run up to Christmas but at least we are going out with a bang. Andy picked up a beautiful piece of beef while he was at the butchers yesterday so that is what we will be having with all the trimmings and hopefully there will be enough leftover to freeze some in gravy to have with mash and veg for another meal.

No going out today.....instead I am going to make a start on the laundry and get as much done as I can so that I can spend some time finishing off the Christmas wrapping next week.
I'd like all of the wrapping stuff put away by the end of the week if possible and then I can get this dining room tidied up. It looks like the wreck of the flippin' Hesperus at the moment and I still have sewing I need to get done.

DD has a week at work and then will be off for week of annual leave and with a bit of luck we will have the tree up and decorated before she goes back.
We have our first Christmas thing next weekend when DD and I are going to The North Pole at the local adventure farm with DDIL, Ruby and Marlowe. It looks like it's going to be a fabulous day and I am hoping for a bit of snow....lol.....or at least a good frost to give everything a lovely winter sparkle.

The roast potatoes have just gone in so lunch won't be too long now. Plenty of time to have a cup of coffee before the veg goes on.

Hope you are all having a lovely weekend.
Sheila-x-

4 comments:

  1. So a month of deprivation and hardship...until the good stuff comes out on Christmas Day?! Our house is always stuffed to the brim with food on Christmas Eve...but nobody's allowed to touch it! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just simpler meals for the month which helps with all the added jobs to be done and also we enjoy Christmas lunch so much more if we haven't had a roast every week leading up to it.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  2. Christmas begins on the 1st of December and ends the day after New Year here in Kemp Castle. I can't get enough of it and love having friends over to enjoy the festivities with us. I don't get at all fed up with it and have many full blown Christmas dinners with friends right through December. Bring it on...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would actually prefer a buffet that could be run all day and be replenished as needed but I think I would probably be lynched and hung from the rafters if I didn't cook turkey and all the trimmings.
      Cutting back on the Sunday roasts just makes us appreciate our Christmas lunch that bit more.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-