Pages

Followers

Saturday 11 November 2017

Eyes Wide Shut!!!

I'm getting worse with these eye exams.
This morning I have had to actually hold my eyes open with my fingers for both the puffer test and the retinopathy photographs. So glad it's only once a year.

I don't know where DD has got to. She has done my stint of looking after the girls this morning and I was sure she would be back before we were.
No sign of her so she is either having too much fun with them or she has gone shopping and I am not going to bother trying to phone her as she never takes her mobile out with her.
We are supposed to be sorting the Christmas gifts out now that we have all the wrapping paraphenalia downstairs.
Oh well she'll turn up when she's hungry.

Another comfort food day today. Spicy Pork 'n' Beans with roasted maple glazed sweet potatoes and braised cabbage.
It seems ages since I did a proper cooked meal on a Saturday as we usually have something quick to cook and we eat in front of the tv but it's cold again today.

Right I am off to take a painkiller for this damned headache and put my feet up while it does it's thing.

Hope you are all having a good weekend.
Sheila-x-

8 comments:

  1. Poor you-at least it's over for another year and hopefully everything was fine. I've traced an embroidery ready for stitching tonight when I'm watching Strictly-it's a Harry Potter one in a pink hoop for my 42 year old daughter who's a mad fan. Enjoy your evening and the lovely dinner you've made. Catriona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Catriona....another year until I have to have it done again...thank goodness.
      Hope you enjoyed your stitching.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  2. I have to book my exam next week, it will be 18 months since the last but know that they will become more frequent as my cataracts grow. I am now off to do some cooking, early dinner tonight then knitting with strictly later.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't envy you that Pam. I dread my test all year as I just hate people messing with my eyes.
      I haven't got into Strictly I'm afraid. I watched it one year and decided it wasn't for me. I am however looking forward to Dancing on Ice next year.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  3. Oh Sheila I hate that puffer test. I really hope your headache has subsided now. Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope your headache has gone now. Your tea sounded delicious x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes headache has gone now thanks Rachel.
      Tea was very delicious....you should try the maple glazed sweet potatoes....heaven on a plate.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-