Pages

Followers

Friday 19 August 2016

I Only Wanted Needles!!!

While we were out yesterday we popped back to the garden centre as DD had a £10 off voucher to use before the end of this month and she wanted to get another pot. I thought while we were there that I might as well stock up on machine needles with the £20 available from my loyalty card.

Funny looking needles

More funny looking needles.


.....and yet more funny looking needles.

Actual needles....lol......and more grips for my rulers.
The Advent calendar I made for Ruby last year is a little bit too traditional for me so I will make her the beautiful Scandi one instead. The star fabric is to back it.
Christmas fabric to build my stash back up after using up lots to make the scrap quilt earlier in the year.
Yellow fabric was bought to co-ordinate with the William Morris Layer Cake DD bought for me a few months ago. It will probably be the binding and the black is just to add to my stash of plain fabric.
The Schmetz needles are for me a recent discovery and they are awesome.
I have yet to try the TrueGrips but I am hoping that they do their job and stop my rulers sliding about......I'll let you know.

I sat last night and made a list of UFO's and projects I want to do. Thankfully the mojo is creeping back as I have to......
Finish my dress.
Finish the quilt top for Marlowe and buy backing and binding fabric.
Back, quilt and bind the scrap quilt.
Back, quilt and bind the Scandi quilt top I made last year.
Make two Advent calendars.
Make the quilt for Smudge.
Make the quilt for DS and DDIL.
Make Christmas gift bags using up some fat quarters I got for Christmas last year.
Make at least two sets of the Mug Mats to add to foodie Christmas gifts.
I'm hoping to make a start next week when I have the house back to myself after three weeks of hubby and then DD being home.
I can't wait.

It's raining heavily here this morning and the garden really needs it so no complaints here. It's still warm though.
Just simple jacket potatoes with cheese and beans tonight which we will be having later than usual as hubby doesn't finish work until 7pm.....I don't want to have to have the oven on twice so we will wait for ours.
As DD can't get out in the garden today she is helping me with house jobs.....bless her......and once we've done we are starting season seven of 24.

Hope you all have a fab weekend....weather permitting.
Sheila-x-

2 comments:

  1. That is some list. I am making the mug rugs too to go in little hampers. Love the Christmas fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh...and if you finish your list would you like to pinch a few of my bits?! I've yet to start...all this building work and a wedding is rather time consuming at the moment. x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-