Pages

Followers

Saturday 18 June 2016

Cuddles, Cuddles And More Cuddles!!!

I've not long got back from spending seven wonderful hours looking after Marlowe. Oh she is such a lovely baby....I know I am biased but she is...lol.

We've had a very lazy tea.....pizza's and a tub of coleslaw picked up from T's on the way home. Tea was on the table within fifteen minutes and only plates and cutlery to wash up.

Margaret P.....I wouldn't dream of setting hubby on with the carpet cleaner. He works his forty hours a week outside the home and the keeping of the house is my job unless he offers to do something....... which he does on occasion.
I'm sorry you don't like me calling him hubby but we have been married for nearly forty years and I have always called him that so there is very little chance of me changing it now.

Well....I am not starting any housework at this time of night so I think I shall just watch some quilting videos on You Tube for a while and then settle down with hubby later and watch a film.

Hope you are having a good weekend.
Sheila-x-

 

4 comments:

  1. How wonderful, all those cuddles I am a little jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 40 hours a week, is that all? Only joking, but you work hard in the home, too, and I reckon a housewife/houseworker works more than 40 hours a week and it's often hard, physical work. When my husband worked and I worked, we simply shared the chores. When I gave up work to have a family and there were still jobs left to do at the end of a busy day we shared the chores. We still do, after almost 52 years of marriage; it's just how we've always done things, partners in everything. But I know a lot of women feel that they must do the housework if their husband has been out to work: they assume men work harder simply because they go out to work and they are at home, which isn't necessarily the case. But whatever suits you is fine, but if you've worked your socks off all day and your husband has, too, then either leave what jobs there are until you both feel less tired, or share the jobs that are left between you, that would seen sensible to me. My husband worked a 37.5 hour week as a senior engineer, an exacting and stressful job, often travelling abroad (which wasn't as a lot assume, a joy ride, but a lot of work, factories, hotels and airports!) but that didn't stop him from doing loads of jobs in the home and helping with childcare. He was a new man wayback in 1964 before the term was invented.
    Margaret P


    ReplyDelete
  3. PS Why wait for him to 'offer' to help? Perhaps if you said, "Darling, it would be lovely if you could lend a hand with the carpet cleaning while I empty the washing machine/do the ironing/clean the loo ..." If you've always waited for him to offer, then perhaps he doesn't think you need help. Lugging a carpet cleaner around is darned hard work! Let him feel useful, even needed, contributing to the upkeep of the home. You might be surprised at his willingness to help you. Why use a machine when you've pulled muscles when there's a chap there who could lend a hand?
    Margaret P

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful day - all those cuddles. My little one is at that age where she is barely still for more than a few seconds. An easy meal of leftovers here, I just had to cook up some vegetables (I baked some chocolate brownies though). I really hope your aches and pains are easing. X

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-