Pages

Followers

Thursday 1 March 2018

A Day For Staying In!!!

It started just as DD and I left T***o at around 8pm last night and it hasn't stopped since so I guess The Beast isn't such a wimp after all.
It's snowing very heavily and we also have strong winds so sitting in the sewing room is rather like being inside a snow globe.
I just hope that DD is able to find some jobs indoors for her team today.

My jobs are done for the day apart from making some dumplings later for tea which means that there is some me time available. There are a couple of tutorials I want to watch on You Tube, I want to clean the sewing machine and also make a dust cover for it. It does have a very smart bag it lives in when I am not using it at all but for the moment it is out all the time and just needs something to cover it and I saw a brilliant post on Facebook showing how to make one from a shopping bag. They had used one from Joann's Fabrics (USA) which appropriately had sewing motifs on it but I don't have one of those.

Ruby arrived here for tea yesterday with a very healthy glow and dreadfully cold hands after being outside doing Forest School. Hot chocolate was offered and accepted with the biggest smile I have ever seen. The cottage pie was declared 'so yummy' and she was delivered home warm and with a full tummy. I love that little girl so much and can't wait until Saturday to spend more time with her and Marlowe.

Well enough of this chatting. I must go and make the most of this free time while I have it.

Hope you are all warm and safe.
Sheila-x-

9 comments:

  1. Stay warm and safe! All this talk of snow has jinxed us and it's supposed to be returning to us this afternoon. Sigh. Knew the sun was too good to last! It's raining now but will be turning to snow later this afternoon. I'm going to run a couple of errands and then stay inside. As you say - perfect day for it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're still supposed to be getting more today....another four inches. I just wish this wind would drop.
      Stay safe.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  2. Indoors warm and safe is the best place to be with this awful weather. Storm Emma is on its way so more to come.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is exactly where I am staying. The wind is really scary.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  3. So this is all your fault cos you called it a wimp!! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gawd he is so touchy....lol.
      Hope you are safe down there.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  4. Knitting for me for the next couple of days. I do have some sewing that is waiting for me but next week will be fine. We have cold winds and a bit of snow but it should come harder as the night draws on. Stay warm and keep the hot chocolate at the ready.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The wind is vile here Pam and we are supposed to be getting another four inches of snow today.
      I hope you stay safe and warm too.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  5. It's stopped snowing here but it's really windy. Both our storage sheds have gone over and we have decking paint all over the patio! Mark has been out to retrieve garden furniture several times as well. We are all home today so that's good. Keep safe and keep warm. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-