Pages

Followers

Tuesday 13 March 2018

Bring On The Dry Weather!!!

I am so glad that DD and I got home when we did yesterday as not long after we heard that the road had been closed. I don't know what state it is in this morning but we haven't had much more rain....yet. The clouds are looking very spiteful though and I'm sure more is on the way.
It is actually a bit warmer here today and the kitchen windows have been flung open to let in some fresh air.

My little ironing table is finished and I have set up my little station.......


Andy will be very pleased that I won't be cluttering up the kitchen worktop any longer or having the ironing board up for hours on end.
Just need to find an extension lead now as the socket is at the other end of the room.

There is a lovely pan of beef and onions braising away on the stove and I can't decide if it will be a stew or a pie. I might do a pie as we haven't had steak and onion pie for a good while.

Just a few more jobs to do and then I will be back to unpicking these flippin' blocks that didn't work out so well. It's a very tedious job and I'll be glad when it's done.

I seem to have gone off coffee for the moment so I am off for a cup of tea before I get going again.

Have a lovely day.
Sheila-x-

9 comments:

  1. We had ominous clouds at one point but the sun has shone all day. I did have 4 sets of roadworks to navigate through for a 15 mile trip.The ironing station looks spot on, I may have to see if I can manage to squeeze a copy in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Surprisingly we didn't get any rain either.
      I'm going to be giving the ironing station a try today.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  2. I managed an hour in the garden before I went to work today. It was lovely to feel the warm sun on my face. It looks so much better for having the dead stuff cut back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm ready to get the garden tidied up but the lawn is just not fit to walk on at the minute. We are on heavy clay and the water just lays in puddles and turns the surface to slime.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  3. It's been snowing again. Sigh. Just when we think it's over it comes again. It is still too cold for Spring. Maybe soon...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've just read in the paper that The Beast is returning here. I hope he gets the message that he's not welcome.
      Very cold here this morning.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  4. Your ironing station is ingenious! I just love what you've done.
    We are in the midst of another BIG nor'easter snowstorm here in Massachusetts. Facebook postings show our town has averaged about 18" so far, and it's still snowing!! This, after 12" just 6 days ago when it knocked out 95% of our town's power. Some people didn't get it back until Sunday, so that had only one day of respite before this one hit. We have a wired-in generator, so we were ok. So glad we decided to install it a few years ago. Last I heard, there may be another storm next week. Up until last week, our winter has been quite mild, temperature-wise, and snow-wise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sandi. I am going to be trying it out today.
      I guess you are ready for spring then. Eighteen inches of snow....goodness me....and The UK grinds to a halt if we have three flakes...lol.
      Keep safe and warm.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-