Pages

Followers

Friday 23 March 2018

Thursday Was A Bit Of A Washout!!!

Well the paintwork got it's wash down but after that things went a bit downhill with a nasty headache and vomiting so I didn't go out last night.
However....DD came home from work with the news that she had got today off and so I have been able to go out this morning and get everything done and she is just now helping me by cleaning up in the lounge while I do the kitchen and sewing room.
Those who think they know best have altered her hours yet again and now she has to work one Sunday in four and have the Monday off only they could afford for her to be off next Monday due to other staff being on leave. They won't pay her for the extra hours worked on a Sunday so she said 'right...I'll have Friday off then.
This is all down to them being wickedly understaffed.

Another hour or so and Miss Ruby will be arriving.
I am so ready for those kisses and cuddles.

Have a lovely weekend.
Sheila-x-

7 comments:

  1. So sorry you were unwell, Sheila. Enjoy your time with Miss Ruby today. Tomorrow I will be spending time creating 3D art with my "Miss Josie."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds lovely Sandi. How old is your Miss Josie?
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
    2. Miss Josie is 9, and will be 10 in July. I'll be taking her and her mum out for breakfast and then bringing Josie back home with me to do arts and crafts for a few hours. She's my art buddy :)

      Delete
    3. I hope you have a brilliant day together.
      Being a Grandma is just awesome isn't it?
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  2. Yes, Sheila, being a grandmother is truly wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you are back to feeling 100% Sheila. I would hate having my hours changed so often but these days retail seem to be able to get away with whatever they feel like doing and as you say running on a shoestring from a staff point of view doesn't help either. Hope DD's hours settle down for a while now so she knows where she's up to. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Suzanne...not too bad now.
      I wish DD did work in retail but unfortunately she is a security officer in a prison.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-