Pages

Followers

Wednesday 14 March 2018

He's Not Fit To Be Let Out On His Own!!!

Andy was popping into town yesterday so I asked him to pick me up an extension lead with switches on and two or three metres in length.
He had been gone for ages when I got a phone call from to ask if the one he had found would be OK and then he casually dropped into the conversation that he had bought a car.
That was one heck of a shopping trip then.....lol.
I did know that he was wanting to change his van and he had been looking out for something but blimey Mr....I wonder what he'd say if I chucked a new food mixer in me trolley when I go shopping.
Anyway it gave us all a good laugh and I must say I will be glad not to have to go out in that flippin' van again.

We ended up with beef stew last night. Oh my word it was delicious. Plenty for tea and enough left over for two portions for pack ups which will have to be eaten today as I can't fit them in the freezer. I expect DD will be quite glad of it as it is really cold this morning.

Miss Ruby is here for tea today so I have promised her cheese burger and fries. It's not something we have very often but it's something I know she will eat and I'll do a few carrot and cucumber sticks with it for a healthy touch.

Not much to do job wise today....just a bit of laundry to finish and a tidy and hoover through before Ruby comes and then I'll find myself something to do in the sewing room.....after I have ironed the unpicked pieces from the blocks.

See you tomorrow.
Have a lovely day.
Sheila-x-

9 comments:

  1. Oh Sheila, that did make me laugh! My brother has twice bought a car without first discussing it with his wife....my OH wouldn't dare, I don't think! (anyway, if he did, I'd simply want to know where he got the money from!).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really didn't mind Sooze. It just makes me laugh that he went out for an extension lead and came back having bought a car and it isn't the first time he's done that.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  2. At least he didn't get you driving lessons! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooh now that would have got him smacked over the head with a frying pan...lol.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  3. Yikes! When I read that about your hubby my mouth literally dropped open. I wouldn't be happy if hubby bought a car without saying anything first. I don't think he'd like it if I did it either. At least it's an upgrade from the van!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww...I wasn't mad Sharon. He's the driver so it's his choice. I know nothing about cars and as long as it has four wheels and starts I'm happy.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  4. Oh, that's quite a stretch from shopping for an extension cord to buying a car!! I don't think I would have been as lighthearted as you were if it happened at our house :)
    Update on last storm: accumulation topped off at 23.7 inches. That was on top of the 14 inches we had 6 days ago. Roads are already clear due to the sun being warmer this time of year. Yes, I am anxiously awaiting spring!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just thought it was hilarious Sandi.

      I can't even imagine that kind of snow. I'm glad your roads are clear.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  5. If Mark had done that I'd have been secretly relieved that I wasn't expected to tag along and feign enthusiasm and interest lol. I tend to sit in the passenger seat, delcare it comfy or not and that's as much input as he gets from me. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-