Pages

Followers

Tuesday 6 March 2018

Panic At Tea Towel Mansion!!!

For a few days I have had a suspicion that the sonic gauge between the oil tank and the house may not be working properly as with heavy use through the bad weather the reading didn't seem to have gone down as much as I thought it should have.
We've resorted to poking a long stick into the tank and we are quite low. An order has been placed but delivery could be as long as two weeks so heating will only be going on if it absolutely needs to so that we can save what is left for cleaning and bathing.
If the battery has gone on the unit in the tank we will have to source the correct type.....apparently from a camera shop or chemist.
Hope to gawd the bad weather doesn't turn round and come back before the oil is delivered.

No worries about being cold today as I have just worked up quite a lather giving the ground floor a good going over. Miss Ruby is due after school so I like everything to be ship shape.

It's warm enough today that I can do salad for tea with some crispy chicken wraps. It will be a lovely change from rib sticking stuff which I am heartily sick of now.

Still nothing doing on the sewing front. I don't know what is wrong with me these past few days as I really want to do this new block but can't summon up any enthusiasm.
I am hoping I may have some tomorrow now that I have cleaned through and accepted an invitation from DD to go out for tea....we'll see.

Anyhoo I do hope you are having a good day.
Thanks for the comments yesterday.
Sheila-x-


9 comments:

  1. Strangely we were wondering about the gauge on our meter but having checked the tank it appears to be right. It has been amazing the difference between our cottage and our old house. Downsizing was a great decision. Have a good time with Ruby.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our gauge was telling us that the tank was half full and it most definitely isn't. Luckily it was warmer yesterday and today is going to be the same thank goodness.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  2. Perhaps you just want a day or two not sewing...but you don't realise this! The mojo will come back soon I'm sure x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you may be right Jackie.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  3. Wow, two weeks to wait for oil!! Is that a common occurrence in the UK? We are in New England in the US, and never have had to wait. I also want to say that I've been reading and enjoying your blog for a few months. I haven't commented until today. I don't know how I found your blog. I do remember that I just loved the title, and had to have a look. It's so refreshing to read about the down-to-earth ordinary things you do day to day. Days similar to mine, and likely hundreds of thousands of others. I also appreciate that there are not ads popping up all over the screen. Yours is one of only three blogs that I read every day. I'll be back tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome Sandi....and thank you so much for your lovely comment.
      Yes two weeks is quite a long time to wait for our oil delivery. The bad weather we have had here has caused a backlog due to oil tankers not being able to dock....or at least that is what they said on their website. The weather is much better now so hopefully they will be able to clear outstanding orders quickly and we could get it sooner.
      Hugs to you in New England-x-

      Delete
  4. I didn't bother lighting the wood burner as it has been so mild. Set the heating to come on for fifteen minutes at 8.30. The house was lovely and warm to come home to. Hope your oil arrives before things turn chilly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Andy put ours on for a short while this morning so the house is warm and it looks like it will be a sunny day which will help to keep the temperature up.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  5. We went and bought some more coal to see us through and I'm hoping it stays 'fire' cold for a bit longer yet!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-