Pages

Followers

Sunday 11 March 2018

A Special Sunday!!!

Happy Mother's Day to all you lovely Mum's out there.
I hope you are all being thoroughly spoiled, hugged and loved.

Another lazy day for me with Andy cooking my favourite lunch of roast chicken and DD offering to do my chores for me although my day is tinged with a sadness for my nephew and nieces trying to get through their first Mother's Day without Maggie. It will be hard for them.
I'll be spending time reading the papers before lunch and then getting on with reworking my quilt design to incorporate the fabrics I have already cut.
At 6pm my bum will be on the sofa ready for the Dancing On Ice final and rooting for Jake to win.....and at 8pm I will probably be bawling my eyes out at Call The Midwife.

DD is having her first four day weekend due to the shift changes at work so she will home tomorrow. I will take advantage of that and go out to do a freezer shop as we are running short on a few things and as I refuse to be dragged out for a yearly airing on Mother's Day we may take a trip to the garden centre.

Lunch is smelling absolutely gorgeous so I am off to grab the papers and a cup of coffee.
Have a lovely day.
Sheila-x-

12 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you Cheryl hope you had a lovely day too.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  2. It must be very difficult for Maggie's loved ones.
    Enjoy your day Shelia, x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a difficult day for them Marlene.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  3. Happy Mother's Day! Enjoy your wonderful lunch and hanging out with DD tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. I did Jackie....very much. Hope you had a lovely day as well.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  5. Sounds like you were well looked after on Mother's Day Sheila and I love that DD kidnapped you on Saturday and made you watch TV :)

    I think the 'firsts' are all hard to get through whens somebody in the family has died and there suddenly seems to be lots of them. Birthdays, Anniversaries, Christmas, Easter, Mother's Day, Father's Day - the list is endless. It's very hard for everybody. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was lovely Suzanne...did you get spoiled too?

      I have a hard day coming up soon...my birthday. Maggie phoned me on my 60th last year and that was the last time I ever spoke to her and something she said that day has haunted me since. A month later she was gone.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  6. It must be so very hard for you at this time, Sheila. Glad you got spoiled on Mother's Day xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you had a lovely day Sheila. X

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-