Pages

Followers

Wednesday 21 March 2018

This Quilt Is Driving Me Crackers!!!

Quilt one.....a square in a square.......didn't work.....unpicked....fabric recut.
Quilt two....coin strips with sashing in between....giving me brain ache....sashing removed.
Quilt three....strips being sewn directly together.....better but I shall be glad when it's done.
I'm not sure I want to waste batting, backing and time to quilt it at the moment so it may go into the UFO box to be done later and I will move on to some dressmaking.

The chicken penne pasta dish turned out really nice last night. I'm not sure Andy would find it filling enough but DD and I will be having it again.
Cheese and potato pie has been requested for tonight and I have been told to make sure there is enough for pack up boxes for the freezer. I had planned on something else but I can imagine how comforting it must be to come in from working in the cold and eat hot cheese and potato pie.
Poor old Andy is on a twelve hour shift today but luckily there was still some lasagna left in the freezer for him to take so at least he'll get a hot meal.

A start has been made upstairs but I got sick of keep running down to let Smudge out so I'll do a bit more tomorrow......rather that than come down to puddles that need mopping up.

Right I shall go and do some spud bashing and some onion chopping and get this pie on the go.

Oh.....did you see that we have to brace ourselves for snow at Easter now? Looks like winter isn't done with us yet then.

Have a lovely day.
Sheila-x-


8 comments:

  1. I'm from across the pond. I would like to see what a cheese potato pie looks like. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought I had a picture somewhere on my blog of the pie Theresa but I can't find it.
      The recipe is mashed potatoes, onions cooked slowly in a little butter until golden brown. Once the onions are cooked I add a couple of teaspoons of English mustard to them. Add the onions to the mashed potatoes and mix thoroughly. Add grated cheese a little at a time until it tastes as you would like.
      Turn the mixture into an oven proof dish. Smooth the top and sprinkle with a little more cheese then bake in the oven until golden brown.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  2. I hope we're done with snow! I've been enjoying the sunshine though I wish it would warm up a little. The cheese and onion sounds lovely. Yum.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Apparently we are not done with snow and will be having a white Easter...yuck.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  3. Best to abandon a frustrating project...maybe later?! Is your pie what we call cheesy mash...mashed potato, pepper, grated cheese, Worcester sauce, yummy. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is being abandoned for a little while.
      My pie is similar but I add slow cooked onions and English mustard but no Worcestershire sauce.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  4. More snow? Please say it isn't so!!!
    My quilts are random patchwork, I'd never have the patience to make one of yours. Stay sane, Sheila. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what it says in the paper this morning Vix. I really hope we don't get any.
      I usually love the intricacy of making the blocks fit together but this one is doing my head in.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-