Pages

Followers

Thursday 8 March 2018

Not Here To Stay!!!

We have had snow this morning. Huge flakes and quite heavy but thankfully it was falling onto ground already sodden by rain and was melting as it fell.
There may be more later but it will be mixed with more rain so I can't see it settling.

DD came home chilled to the bone last night and all she wanted to do was snuggle under a blanket. A quick tea of egg and chips was rustled up instead of going out and we enjoyed a nice cosy evening watching more episodes of 24.
I rather needed it after a very frustrating day of sewing using a new quarter inch sewing machine foot on the blocks of my new quilt. The blocks are coming out smaller than they should so I now have some unpicking to do and then I will go back to using my scant quarter foot which I should have stuck with in the first place.
Sometimes it just pays to stick with what you know.

Today I am waiting for DD to come home before I decide what to do for tea. She may want to go out or she may not but I do have some salad cut up ready in the fridge and there is cold meat and cheese so I'll let her make the choice.

At the moment I am in the middle of making myself a quilters ironing board. Two doors were removed and saved from a small cupboard unit that I have in the sewing room. They have been glued together and now I just need to cover them with foil and batting and then staple on some fabric for a cover.
I would have liked to have finished it today but the staple gun is in Andy's shed and I forgot to ask him to get it out for me. ......I don't go in Andy's shed.....there are spiders  in there bigger than my dinner plates😰😰😰  A job for tomorrow then.

It's after one now so I think an early afternoon cup of tea before I start sorting out these blocks.

Happy Thursday everybody.
Sheila-x-


9 comments:

  1. More snow, where did that come from? After last week I wasn't expecting anymore. Such a good idea to make an ironing board, they are so costly to buy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We've stayed snow free so far, which I'm glad about. I'm ready for Spring now. X

    ReplyDelete
  3. We had some snow last night, but all gone now. I loved 24, hubby and I bi ge watched dvds of it a few years ago, we also enjoyed the first series of Designated Survivor with Kiefer Sutherland xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A big nor'easter storm has just about finished here in Massachusetts, already dumping about 12 inches of snow. About 90% of our town is without power. We have a wired-in generator, so are warm and comfy, except for dear husband when he is outside cleaning the driveway, paths, and steps.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We had that snow this morning, too - so glad it didn't stick.
    Keep away from those spiders! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't 'do' spiders either! Wander if Sonshine has had more snow today then x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Shudders at the thought of the spiders! I always thought the batting had to be that expensive thermo type for an ironing pad. You are teaching me new stuff ! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Our snow is back again too. I was hoping we'd seen the last of it but it's back. Sigh. I'm pretty sure Spring will be coming soon - some of the birds have begun to return.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the white stuff, but must admit my heart sank when it was forecast again. I've enjoyed winter but I'm definitely ready for spring to arrive now.

    I made a little baby quilt this week and reminded myself how messy a quilter I am. There was stuff everywhere. Was glad to get it done and the sewing machine away. Doesn't help the only place I have to work on is the dining room table so it's always on show.

    Enjoy your meal if you go out and have a lovely weekend. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-