Pages

Followers

Saturday 10 March 2018

She Made Me Do It!!!

So sorry for not posting yesterday but I was kidnapped by DD and forced into a duvet day of binge watching episodes of 24 and eating the most wonderful chicken salad.
It was a smashing day but of course I am now all behind with me jobs and will have to do a bit of catching up today.

First job will be to make a big pan of meat sauce for some lasagna which will be tea tonight and then portions frozen for other meals and pack ups and once that is bubbling away I shall have a run through with the hoover and duster.
My quilters ironing board should also get finished today and then I am going to redesign the quilt top because this new block is just not doing it for me.

Ruby called in to see me on the way home from school yesterday with a gift and cards for Mother's Day as they were starting out for a weekend in London and won't be home until later on Sunday. That rather scuppered my plans of inviting them all up for tea and cake on Sunday afternoon but never mind....we can do it some other time.

Smudge dog is at the vets this morning having yet another check up before he can get a repeat prescription for his medication. He hates going and started trembling before Andy even got his harness on so he will need some cuddles when he gets back.

.....and that is just about it for today I think.
Thank you so much for comments on my last post.
Hope you all have a great weekend.
Sheila-x-

11 comments:

  1. Duvet day sound wonderful especially spending quality time with your daughter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was rather lovely I must admit.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  2. A duvet day sounds rather inviting! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You could do with a duvet day my busy little friend. It's surprising how relaxing it is.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  3. Sounds like a lovely mum and daughter day yesterday. Happy Mother’s Day for tomorrow xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was fabulous Cheryl.
      Happy Mother's Day to you.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  4. Always treasure those moments. I miss them now that daughter has moved so far away. I'd give a lot to spend the day just doing nothing with her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so lucky that I still have her at home and we can do these things Sharon.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  5. Happy Mother's Day!! Here in the US, every year we celebrate it on the second Sunday in May.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sandi.
      I sometimes think our day would be better celebrated in May with some sunshine and better weather.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
    2. Do you also have a Father's Day in the UK? Ours is the third Sunday in June.

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-