Pages

Followers

Wednesday 7 March 2018

A Free For Me Half Day!!!

In about three quarters of an hour Andy will be fed and watered ready to go to work. I will wash his pots up and wipe around the kitchen and that will be the end of my domestic duties for the day and then it's me time until four forty five when DD gets home.
There will be sewing done today.

Last night I had a wonderful hour or so on You Tube watching ice skating videos. It started because I wanted to re-watch the French couple who were on Dancing on Ice on Sunday. They were awesome. That led to me watching their Olympic performance and then all sorts came up and I was lost. 
I finished by watching Jayne Torvill and Christopher Dean dancing the Bolero in the 1984 Olympics which is my most favourite ice dance ever. It still sends tingles down my spine.
I remember sitting up until the wee small hours to watch their performance then as I didn't want to wait until the following day to see how they did.
What I can't remember is how I got through the following day with a four year old who needed to be got ready for school and a small boy who needed to be looked after all day...lol.

Right....off to feed the man and get ready for my lovely sewing session.

We have a bit of sunshine today so I hope it's nice where you are.
Sheila-x-

10 comments:

  1. Enjoy your day to yourself, you deserve it. The sun is starting to come out here too. I hope it's a sign Spring is on it's way. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No spring here today Jules.
      We have rain and flippin' snow.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  2. We don't watch Dancing on Ice, but I remember Torvill and Dean skating to Bolero. I felt so proud of them and taped it so that I could watch it over and over. The tape has long since gone, but I still sometimes watch them on the computer. I still get a lump in my throat.

    Joan (Devon)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so looking forward to this Sunday. Jayne and Chris have skated on this series at all but they will be this week.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  3. Hope you had a good day to yourself. I think Torvill and Dean have been an inspiration to many skaters.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A rather frustrating day but the peace and quiet was lovely.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  4. I remember watching Torvill and Dean win the gold medal for ice dancing to Bolero. Perfection!! Just watched it again on YouTube. Thanks for the memory! Enjoy your free time today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really are magical to watch Sandi.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  5. Ooh ice dancing is beautiful to watch. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Bolero was haunting and gives me lovely memories of my nana shouting at my mum to come through because Torville and Jean were on!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-