Pages

Followers

Tuesday 27 March 2018

A Bit Of Upcycling!!!

Yesterday....in between loads of laundry I had the urge to do a project which I could start and finish in a day. Nothing that dragged on for days.
So I set to with an old A4 clipboard which was destined for the bin and four fat quarters which had been in my stash for while and came up with this........


........a handy little stand to have on my sewing table with things that I usually have to ferret out of boxes or drawers.
Nine pockets on the front to hold scissors, Frixion pens, sewing machine screwdriver, hem gauge, tweezers and other bits and bobs.


The back has just one long pocket which at the moment holds my smaller quilting rulers but would be an ideal place to put a dressmaking pattern and instructions or a notepad.

I also recycled a piece of webbing that had been used around a purchased blanket to make a strap to fix between the front and back to stop it sliding flat when in use.
Pretty darn chuffed with it and it was all done in a day.

Just a couple of loads of laundry to finish today, a bit of cleaning to do......but I'll leave that until Andy gets up as he was late getting to bed this morning due to a dentists appointment......and a roast dinner to prepare and cook seeing as how DD missed out on Sunday with her being at work. I've pulled out some pork chops and the last of the Christmas stuffing baubles so we'll have some roast potatoes and fresh veg too. She'll be glad of it when she comes in out of the rain.

I think I'll have a cup of tea and a bit of a blog catch up before I do anything else.

Hope you are all having a good day today.
Sheila-x-

10 comments:

  1. Day two of bedroom painting...covering up an oops colour! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm putting off painting in the living room for as long as I possibly can...lol.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  2. That board is amazing! You are sooooo clever! I’m currently sat in front of the lastest present off my HG for no other reason crept he wuvs me! Sheila he’s bought me a Brother V7!!!!!!!!! It’s amazing!! I’ve just seen some tumblers together because it’s time to go out now but I have zero plans for tomorrow except to be at one with with - oh I need to name her!! Vera? Not beautiful enough!! Bella! Maybe!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG....you lucky girl. Pictures needed asap...lol.
      Glad I am not the only one who names their machines.
      Hugs....and have fun tomorrow-x-

      Delete
  3. Very nice and very clever...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! That organiser looks expensive, you have done an amazing job. LM x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the organizer, it's brilliant! X

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow that's lovely! What a great way to use up those pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's bloomin' lovely, Sheila! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Now that's blimmin clever. I may have totake a really close look at it and see if I can make one. I bet it is really useful

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-