Pages

Followers

Tuesday 20 March 2018

What A Grey Day!!!

I've had a ride into town with Andy this morning and was quite surprised at how much snow is still hanging about.
The huge marshmallow hedges are still there where the wind has blown snow through them and the edges of the fields are still thick with it.
It has just started raining though so I expect it will all get washed away and the next thing will be the floods again.
I'm totally fed up of bad weather now and am looking forward to being able to get out in the garden and do some chopping down of brown stalks and getting some tidying up done.
I'm not sure anyone is thinking of sitting out in their gardens just yet but B&M have a rather hopeful stack of furniture sets and parasols in store...lol.

DD and I had a very simple tea of sausages and baked beans last night so today I am going to put in a little more effort and make a chicken penne pasta dish with pesto, warmed cherry tomatoes and rocket....a reproduction of a meal I have eaten and thoroughly enjoyed at Frankie and Benny's. Just hope it tastes as good as theirs did.

I'm stealing lots of time for sewing this week by being on top of my jobs. I do need to clean upstairs ready for Ruby coming for the weekend but I am going to do that tomorrow as Andy has to work extra hours and will be leaving home at 8:30am which means I can get started early, be done by lunchtime and still get some sewing time in. Eeeeeh I'm getting good at this time management thing...lol.

Still off coffee so a nice cup of tea and a quick look at my crossword before I wash Andy's pots and run the hoover over then it's back to the sewing machine.

Have a fabulous day.
Sheila-x-

12 comments:

  1. The snow has gone here now, still very cold, I am itching to get out in the garden, I shall wrap up and half an hour outside after lunch. Your meal sounds lovely, tomatoes,rocket and basil are some of my favourite foods.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have sun this morning but it's not very warming.
      Hope you got your half hour in the garden.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  2. You have certainly had a very bad winter in the UK - hope it ends soon as I know it causes a lot of problems. especially when it comes to travel.
    It is a beautiful sunny day in Toronto but it was -10C last night and is still well below 0 so far this morning - but - the snow is gone so no need for boots! I checked the long range forecast yesterday and it won't go much above freezing on any day until well after Easter so no flowers for a bit yet.
    I'm smiling as I am preparing the exact same meal for myself today! I cooked the chicken yesterday and the tomatoes and salad are all ready so it will just be the penne to cook when I'm ready to eat! Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well apparently it's not over yet Margie as we are being warned to brace ourselves for snow at Easter and we could do without that.
      Oh that made me smile too...thousands of miles apart and we were both having the same meal.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  3. Managed to get into the garden today, though the soil was too wet to stand on there is more than enough tidying to do!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our lawn is just too disgusting for words Gill. I am all for ripping it up and paving it over.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  4. Lots of sunshine here today, the wind has a bite to it though. My garden is waterlogged, I may try watercress. Luckily I have a hard surface near the whirly thingy so pegging out is fine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think watercress might just be about the only thing that would grow here Pam...unfortunately I hate the stuff.
      Oh I know....I could try rice...lol.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  5. Well...today I spent four hours in a lovely care home...occasionally glancing out to see beautiful sunshine...lots of snow has melted, but there are still white frilly edgings in the fields and sculptured hedgerows. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sunshine for us today and it's beautiful to look at but still that biting wind.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete
  6. Most of the snow has gone here now, even on the fells. The Daffodils were looking hopeful on my way to work his morning. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Daffodils make me feel really happy Jules.
      Hugs-x-

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.
It is much appreciated.
Sheila-x-